Hydraulic 540 motor

/ Hydraulic 540 motor #1  

XSKIER

Platinum Member
Tractor
'11 Deere 1026R
I would like to convert a landpride 1672 mower to hydraulic. There is 29 GPM @ 3000 psi available to run it. Probably something with a female 6 spline to just slide on the existing gear box would be nice.

/ Hydraulic 540 motor #2  
the 29 gpm should be enough that it won't be runing out of oil flow ....
to figure out a motor, flow rate [29]=[displacement [cm3/rev]*n [reveloutions [540]]/1000

/ Hydraulic 540 motor #4  
This motor should do the job. It is a male pto output so a coupling will be needed but the rpm is what you want.
9.59 cu in PTO Drive Motor BMSY16?E2SLS | Low Speed High Torque Hydraulic Motors | Hydraulic Motors | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com

For continuous operation you will likely need an oil cooler.

Make certain you are not looking at your tractor's total hydraulic flow when some of it is actually for non discretionary things like power steering.

This is not being powered by a JD 1026R!!!!!

Dave M7040

/ Hydraulic 540 motor
I knew the brain trust here would come up with something. The problem is my medium flow application. Most standard flow things are capped at 20 GPM, which I can do at 2/3 RPMs. Most High flow things are at 40 GPM. I'd rather not give up 1/3 of my hydraulic power, and potentially have cooling and emissions issues. The loader is a Volvo L25H, the 1026R only mows about a 1/2 acre of grass these days.

/ Hydraulic 540 motor #6  
You will need a 11.5 to 12 cubic inch motor to get 540-580RPM (about the range that our tractors hit on the PTO) and should have around 56HP available at 3000 PSI.

Aaron Z

/ Hydraulic 540 motor
20200703_164620.jpg

I found this series of motors, but not sure about running them at intermittent threshold continuously.

/ Hydraulic 540 motor
There is also these:
20200705_124420.jpg

/ Hydraulic 540 motor #9  
I wouldn't recommend running ANYTHING at its "intermittent" rating for a continuous application, unless you just wanna buy replacements every so often - that's why those ratings are spec'd as they are.

A possible answer to Eric's wondering - "In fact, most hydraulic fluid power motors will operate as pumps and vice versa." (that's just a "teaser", from the link below)

A Common Myth About Hydraulic Pumps | Hydraulics & Pneumatics

So far, my experience has been that in most things (including hydraulics) if you achieve 80% of what you calculated, you're doing really well - in the OP's case, having 30 gpm to start with could work out well if you stick with "low flow" components, probably using a variable flow divider like these

3/4 NPT Hydraulic Flow Control Valve w/Relief RDRS175-3 | Flow Control Valves | Hydraulic Valves | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com

Warning - you won't find that valve where it should be, that link is from my orders. There are a couple of caveats about this variable divider, ask me if you're considering this approach... Steve