hummingbirds

/ hummingbirds #31  
Still here in Eastern Kansas. They are fun to watch. Love that little chirping/squeaking sound they make.

/ hummingbirds #32  
Had a dozen or so hanging around the feeders yesterday; haven't checked today. Usually crowd up right at sundown tanking up for the night. :)

/ hummingbirds #33  
For some reason we hardly had any this year. Last year we had quite a few.
Wildflowers seem to have been more bountiful this year, maybe that's where they were.

/ hummingbirds #34  
We still have several around the feeders and I have seen them at the flower beds. We usually take the feeders down the third week of September.

/ hummingbirds #35  
The past week or so we have seen more HBs than ever before! I guess all the birds up north are stopping here to fuel up. We'll leave the feeders up until we don't see any more. I figure they need all the fuel they can get!

/ hummingbirds #36  
We have several of them fighting for the feeder.
DSC_1844.jpg

/ hummingbirds #38  
Had three hanging around yesterday. Refilled three feeders, 96 ounces should hold them for another week. Weather predicted to be in the high 70's to low 80's next week in south central Iowa. I doubt they will be moving yet.

/ hummingbirds #39  
Had a very active summer......was going through a cup of sugar water every couple of days.......even had one build a nest on the underside of the eave of the barn.......haven't seen any since friday....temps been dipping into the 50's and 40's at night so I think they are gone for the year now.......will leave the feeder out for those coming past from the north.........got some stragglers last year even into october.........have the feeder right in front of the window to my office so I get the performance up close......some of them didn't even care that I was just inches away watching them.........Jack

/ hummingbirds #40  
Lots of them on the flowers in SE ky still