How would you handle this neighbor issue?

/ How would you handle this neighbor issue? #72  
The wife did say she wants me to cut down a small locust grove because it blocks her view of the fireworks display the local winery puts on every year. She has lots of ideas for my ground I believe.
Sounds to me like you need to plant some more trees.

/ How would you handle this neighbor issue? #73  
I have been dealing with neighbor that pulled a corner pin and hammered it back (could see the marks on the cap) for 10 years. The 100' markers posts have been removed by them etc. Stick with your survery plan and make the posts as permanent as possible.

Criminal mischief, third degree misdemeanor in Ohio. Have you surveyor come out and reset it in concrete next time.

/ How would you handle this neighbor issue?
LMan1967 said:
Time to lawyer up.

I hope things do not escalate to the point lawyers are needed. Its bad enough having rude neighbors, why make it worse paying lawyers.

atgreene said:
Sounds to me like you need to plant some more trees.

Not my style, I'm actually removing trees from the open areas but plan to leave the grove currently as it serves a purpose.

/ How would you handle this neighbor issue? #76  
They both sound like they are a few cans short of a six pack.

I can't advise anymore, but just wanted to convey my opinion...

/ How would you handle this neighbor issue? #77  
Don't think much of a state/area where a free man feels the need to carry a sidearm on his own land. What does that tell you about your neighborhood?

Compared to the south and west, the northeast has very low rates of death by firearm, especially in rural areas where it is almost unheard of except in hunting accidents.

MA, RI and NY are #2, 3 and 4 nationally for lowest death rate by firearm per 100,000 with rates that are 1/3 to 1/2 the national average. Arkansas is #42 with a death rate 150% higher than the national average. How is that guns are protecting you again?

Firearms Death Rate per 100,000 - Kaiser State Health Facts

The figures don't tell you who is getting killed by the firearms. A lot of them could be people defending themselves. I don't think a firearm would help in this situation and believe RobertinNY is handling it properly, but I do believe there are situations where it would be helpful to have a gun. I can think of two times in my life when it helped. Thank God that I only had to show it and not use it.

I'm at the boundary where the neighbors from this thread are at and I'm on my side with the excavator burning tree limbs. As I'm watching the fire burn down the neighbor pulls up along side of me on their side. Stares at what I'm doing for a minute then backs out and leaves without a word. I just smiled and waved.

Here are a couple pics. One is where I'm burning (smokes blowing away from the neighbors ) and the other is a view of the trees these neighbors want me to cut.

ForumRunner_20120509_144220.png

ForumRunner_20120509_144227.png

/ How would you handle this neighbor issue? #79  
I'm at the boundary where the neighbors from this thread are at and I'm on my side with the excavator burning tree limbs. As I'm watching the fire burn down the neighbor pulls up along side of me on their side. Stares at what I'm doing for a minute then backs out and leaves without a word. I just smiled and waved.

Here are a couple pics. One is where I'm burning (smokes blowing away from the neighbors ) and the other is a view of the trees these neighbors want me to cut.

Just do your thing, seems they have a problem, not you. NOT nice neighbor's that's for sure. Hard to believe that someone would blown their lawn mower grass over someone. I agree with you and others, let them be and don't aggravate them without letting them be total jerks to you. :)