how to build your own custom backhoe subframe

/ how to build your own custom backhoe subframe #121  
It's been over a year since anyone has posted on this thread but hopefully some people are still around. I'm considering matching up a Bradco 609 or 611 with my Kioti DK45S, I'm hoping someone has some pictures and ideas for a subframe. The DK45S was only made a few years starting around 2005, I'd really like to see some photos of the tractor with a subframe whether it's DIY or from one of the manufacturers.

I called Bradco to see if I could get a subframe from them and they do make (or did make) a subframe for my machine but it's made for the KL1590 Loader and I have the KL451 Loader. Additionally, the Bradco Rep. said that procuring the subframe would be expensive, around $4K-$5K. He sent me the part numbers I would need and drawings of the subframe for the KL1590:
108550 TR Half Kit
108565 BH Half Kit

Excellent thread btw, thanks for all the info DFkrug.

View attachment 603835View attachment 603834

I don't remember the details of who makes/made what for whom, but Amerequip was a big OEM producer for MANY brand names a couple of decades ago.
Bradco may have been one of them, I *KNOW* that John Deere was and probably still is.

Point is it may be worth checking into Amerequip for hoes and sub frames.

/ how to build your own custom backhoe subframe
Additionally, the Bradco Rep. said that procuring the subframe would be expensive, around $4K-$5K.

Yeah, custom-made out of unobtanium. That price is how the rep says, "no".

Bradco hoes and subframes are very robust and well-made. They are usually the OEM hoes for Bobcat skidsteers. You can pick them up used for a few $K around here. If you found one, a custom-made frame is your likely next step, whether DIY or from a welding shop.

The drawings show a 2-part subframe with hooks to aid in mounting. Thanks for posting.

/ how to build your own custom backhoe subframe #123  
Lol!
unobtanium.jpg

I need to get rid of some blue people so I can afford the subframe for my tractor.

I'm gonna call around and see if I can find that Bradco subframe somewhere. If not, those drawings are a pretty good start. I'll take some measurements to see if those drawings will match up with my loader and if so, it might be as simple as having someone produce the subframe from those drawings.

I'm all about DIY stuff and the sense of accomplishment but I have enough irons in the fire at the moment so I'm gonna do what I can to simplify getting this done.

/ how to build your own custom backhoe subframe #124  
I'm wondering if its feasible to try to fab my own subframe for my Mahindra 1526. I have a 3pt backhoe BH5600 (BH56 PTO 3 Point Backhoe Tractor Excavator Attachment w/ Pump 15" Bu SDI Factory Direct Wholesale). I really want a project so i'm wondering if I can fab my own subframe. Any helpful tips out there?? I've spent the last few days reading through this awesome thread and seems like the ladder style would be best possibly? It already caused the PTO shaft to snap somehow when my family was using it while I was at work. That's why all the fluids drained and currently its sitting. Pics attached of the underside of my mahindra and view of underside from back right tire. Also pics of backhoe where 3pt mounts. I'd even be up for a quick call if anyone has advice Thanks. Plan to pay it forward. Trying to start a small little weekend tractor business to do some grading, digging, trenching, etc. Havent been able to use my tractor in 2 months bc of this PTO repair.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190429_155100.jpg
    MVIMG_20190429_155100.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 441
  • MVIMG_20190429_155058.jpg
    MVIMG_20190429_155058.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 382
  • MVIMG_20190429_155029.jpg
    MVIMG_20190429_155029.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 488
  • MVIMG_20190429_154809.jpeg
    MVIMG_20190429_154809.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 325
  • MVIMG_20190429_154816.jpeg
    MVIMG_20190429_154816.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 307
  • MVIMG_20190429_155020.jpeg
    MVIMG_20190429_155020.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 371
   / how to build your own custom backhoe subframe #125  
Since I made my last few subframes, I have learned something that would effect the next one
I make.

Recall that there is a trade-off that I discuss at length about using pins vs. bolts/nuts to connect
a 4-point subframe to the tractor. Pins are easier to install/remove, but they are not tight, so
clearances will only increase with use.

When I made the subframe for my Kioti, I used 1" fine-thread bolts and nylock nuts. The holes
were precision-drilled with very tight alignment.

Recently, I did a 400-hr service on my tractor, which required removal of the subframe to access
one of my hyd filters under the tractor. Removing these bolts was harder than I expected
because the slight unavoidable flex of the subframe caused "threads" to be worn into the 1/2"
plate. That meant that these large bolts would not slide out easily after the nuts were removed.

In the future, I would only use bolts that were threaded only where the nuts required them. The
rest of the bolts would be smooth. This means buying extra-long bolts, and cutting/welding
new heads on them to achieve exactly the correct length.

Dude. I have a timely question. I found a Woods BH7500 subframe that will come with the adapter plate for under the tractors motor/front axle area.

the model #is mounting kit #52999

I seriously thinking of getting it and then modifying it to fit my 7260 cub cadet.

as a reference to show its design i found a website with break down diagrams. You have likely known of it (I'll safely assume)
store.germanbliss.com/woods-bh7500-backhoe-backhoe-attachment-sub-frame-mounting-kit-52999assembly-parts

I'd like to believe that my Mcgyver sense would be further along Mod'ing a setup then procuring raw material and starting from scratch?

Taking into serious consideration this new lesson you have posted regarding bolts with long threaded shafts.....

Its several hours away from me - on way drive but, it wouldn't be the sole item for the drive, I'm seriously looking at a used dump bed setup with complete PTO system that would bolt up to my F350's ZF6 tranny. So, in theory those two items are about an hour apart at the outside.....

patiently awaiting your reply. as well as anyone else's wisdom here.

/ how to build your own custom backhoe subframe #126  
I'm wondering if its feasible to try to fab my own subframe for my Mahindra 1526. I have a 3pt backhoe BH5600 (BH56 PTO 3 Point Backhoe Tractor Excavator Attachment w/ Pump 15" Bu SDI Factory Direct Wholesale). I really want a project so i'm wondering if I can fab my own subframe. Any helpful tips out there?? I've spent the last few days reading through this awesome thread and seems like the ladder style would be best possibly? It already caused the PTO shaft to snap somehow when my family was using it while I was at work. That's why all the fluids drained and currently its sitting. Pics attached of the underside of my mahindra and view of underside from back right tire. Also pics of backhoe where 3pt mounts. I'd even be up for a quick call if anyone has advice Thanks. Plan to pay it forward. Trying to start a small little weekend tractor business to do some grading, digging, trenching, etc. Havent been able to use my tractor in 2 months bc of this PTO repair.

I would suggest reading all the OP posts in this thread; they have a stock pile of wisdom regarding the plan to "cut your teeth" on such a ground up project from scratch. Granted others have added in wounderful info along the way.

cheers.

I found a Woods BH7500 subframe that will come with the adapter plate for under the tractors motor/front axle area.

the model #is mounting kit #52999

I guess my Qs would be: do you have a Woods 7500 hoe? What tractor is the 52999 subframe supposed to fit?

If the subframe fits your hoe or your tractor, then you only have to modify half of it. Sometimes the mods you need are more work than just starting with new (or salvaged) steel.

/ how to build your own custom backhoe subframe #128  
I guess my Qs would be: do you have a Woods 7500 hoe? What tractor is the 52999 sub-frame supposed to fit?

If the sub-frame fits your hoe or your tractor, then you only have to modify half of it. Sometimes the mods you need are more work than just starting with new (or salvaged) steel.

Dude, I'm sorry I totally forgot to add relevant reference data. It was in my head but, didn't make it to the keyboard.

Here's the sub-frame link, made easier now that I'm on the PC and not my phone:
Woods BH75 Backhoe Backhoe Attachment: Sub-Frame Mounting Kit (52999) Assembly Assembly Parts and Diagram

so here is the data I have so far. From this forum:
https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/70099-woods-backhoe-3.html
Post #25 the owner says :
[edited down]... Mine is woods #52999 supposed to be for either 6500s or 7500s used on Kubota B2710/2910/7800. The BH itself mounts to two plates at the back of the sub-frame and to the tractor via a heavy duty top-link. The sub-frame itself mounts to the 3ph lift arm pins and tapers to about 1' wide at the front and fits into a mounting bracket under the engine.

I went to tractor Data for specs and pic's of those Kubota models.
TractorData.com Kubota B271 tractor information
TractorData.com Kubota B291 tractor information
TractorData.com Kubota B78 tractor information

My cub cadet tractordata link:
http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/003/9/5/3951-cub-cadet-7260.html

and as I already have pictures uploaded for other threads in TBN....
will these help Or should I add any specific pics from different angles?

Attachments

• new-filter-plusQDs2.jpg
    new-filter-plusQDs2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 295
  • new-filter-plusQDs.jpg
    new-filter-plusQDs.jpg
    973 KB · Views: 267
  • PSX_20200204_100923.jpg
    PSX_20200204_100923.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 266
  • 7260-control-arm3.jpg
    7260-control-arm3.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 236
  • 7260-3pt-hand2.jpg
    7260-3pt-hand2.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 212
  • 7260-3pt-down1.jpg
    7260-3pt-down1.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 254
Your Cub Cadet is a DaeDong CUT, correct? Equiv to Kioti DK35, first gen?

Anyway, those B-series Kubotas are much lighter duty tractors. I would do a custom subframe that wrapped around the rear axle housings, and avoid using the 3-pt lift arm pivots. You can also mount the hoe much closer to the tractor than what the Woods subframe allows.

/ how to build your own custom backhoe subframe #130  
Your Cub Cadet is a DaeDong CUT, correct? Equiv to Kioti DK35, first gen?
No, I don't think it is..
I believe the 7260 was a Mitsubishi built machine.
The 8354 was the Daedong 35 HP model.

Last edited: