How to avoid holes while brush cutting?

/ How to avoid holes while brush cutting? #1  

Bronze Member
Tractor
Still searching
I have 10 acres of of five-foot growth. There are quite a few holes in the ground from when the property was a tree farm. Is there some kind of attachment (DIY or manufactured) that I can put on the bucket to act as a lookout for holes and really uneven terrain?

/ How to avoid holes while brush cutting? #2  
Short of a sonar fish finder not sure how you would remotely determine depth…

/ How to avoid holes while brush cutting?
I’m not looking for any precision. Anything that can indicate to me that the ground is not flat would be useful. Maybe something as simple as pushing a cart or wagon.

/ How to avoid holes while brush cutting? #4  
Build that cart or wagon with two tongues and with swivel wheels. Have two hitches on the tractor front. Then it will stay in front of the tractor with no effort.

Bruce

/ How to avoid holes while brush cutting? #5  
I have 10 acres of of five-foot growth. There are quite a few holes in the ground from when the property was a tree farm. Is there some kind of attachment (DIY or manufactured) that I can put on the bucket to act as a lookout for holes and really uneven terrain?
Use an offset flail mower. After you make the first pass you can see the open ground in front of you as it cuts to the side.

/ How to avoid holes while brush cutting?
Offset flail is a great idea. Too bad they can’t be rented. But would rather pay for one than tip over.

/ How to avoid holes while brush cutting? #7  
Rent one of these and clear to the dirt. Then fill the holes.
1691405447937.jpeg

/ How to avoid holes while brush cutting? #8  
Why don't you use the FEL to dig some dirt up, then fill up the holes and plant grass?

If it's too many holes, disk it all up and start over...

/ How to avoid holes while brush cutting? #10  
I watch the weeds when you see shorter then the rest there is a drop off