How Many Have More Than One Tractor?

/ How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #41  
Upto 4 now. Two matching MF563s, one has a loader. Gc2300 and 1725m with a loader.
I'm on 6 acres so I'm more than good.
In the day a friend of Pa's had about 60 acres. It was more of a hobby for him as he worked in a local auto plant. He raised about a dozen head of cattle and some goats and a variety of birds.
The farm supported his critters.
Being a smaller man he had a tractor for every implement so he wouldn't have to hitch and unhitch all the time.
When he built a new barn he bought a backhoe to dig the foundation and then built around it. The BH became a dandy chicken roost.
After he died his SO sold the place with 17 tractors. Not one had more than a 1000 hours.

/ How Many Have More Than One Tractor?
Upto 4 now. Two matching MF563s, one has a loader. Gc2300 and 1725m with a loader.
I'm on 6 acres so I'm more than good.
In the day a friend of Pa's had about 60 acres. It was more of a hobby for him as he worked in a local auto plant. He raised about a dozen head of cattle and some goats and a variety of birds.
The farm supported his critters.
Being a smaller man he had a tractor for every implement so he wouldn't have to hitch and unhitch all the time.
When he built a new barn he bought a backhoe to dig the foundation and then built around it. The BH became a dandy chicken roost.
After he died his SO sold the place with 17 tractors. Not one had more than a 1000 hours.
Great story! (y)

Sounds like he would have gotten by cheaper to hire a guy who could change implements... :LOL:

/ How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #43  
Great story! (y)

Sounds like he would have gotten by cheaper to hire a guy who could change implements... :LOL:
Frank was a real character. He was maybe 5'4", kind of sickly but not an ounce of give. His barn, 50 years on, still stands straight and so does the house he built. Both big structures all built from recycled materials.
On my best day ever you couldn't have got me on the roof of that barn.
He just had to do it himself.

/ How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #44  
Two here. Still have the little Ford 1210 we got around 1991 that took over for the Cub 154LoBoy. Wifey believed me when I said we could sell it when we got the B7500:) It's a scrappy little thing that's handy and fun.

The main tractor is the L4240 and it replaced the L3200 that replaced the B7500 that was supposed to replace the 1210. The little Ford has its own 5' RFM, a little rear blade and can do the 5' rake and a couple other things. Sometimes it's handy to use both tractors on a project to reduce implement changes.

When someone asks about what to buy for their first tractor I often tell them to buy their 5th tractor first, and it is more truth than a joke. It's based on my experience since we built here in 1990.

Attachments

• IMG_0073S.JPG
    IMG_0073S.JPG
    826.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Done 50 pct.JPG
    Done 50 pct.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 55
   / How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #45  
   / How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #47  
How many tractors you ask?
One less than I "need"
I have 5 but need one more
Just 1
Or maybe 2...

Last edited:
   / How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #48  
I’m at two…and still horribly regret letting my BX go.
I feel your pain. I traded my JD 2025R on a new 2038R a year ago. I liked mowing with the 2025 over the 2038 and when I think of what I was given on trade for the 2025 keeping it and having two tractors would have been well worth it.

It was not my best purchasing decision. My vote is to have more than one tractor.

/ How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #49  
I feel your pain. I traded my JD 2025R on a new 2038R a year ago. I liked mowing with the 2025 over the 2038 and when I think of what I was given on trade for the 2025 keeping it and having two tractors would have been well worth it.

It was not my best purchasing decision. My vote is to have more than one tractor.
I almost did that. I wanted a 2038R for mowing and snow-blowing but I also needed a nice cab. After market cabs are pricey so I jumped up to a 3039R with cab and kept my old 2720 & loader.

2 tractors are twice the fun as one. 👨‍🌾 (y)

/ How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #50  
Have several... only the BX23 bought new.

All have different jobs spread over different locations...

John Deere, Ford, Kubota, Farmall, CAT plus mowers...

Last edited: