How difficult to replace crank bearing...???

/ How difficult to replace crank bearing...??? #21  
I think you could get the rod bearings out by pulling the oil pan and push that piston up and bit and fishing them in by hand. Could be wrong I haven't done it but I think you can do it that way on the 2000.

But also make sure its not just the diesel knock. Also a Main bearing would need the crank pulled but not sure about rod bearings I think you can get them out like the others through the bottom and at worst pulling the head.
'
I too think its worth the $800 even if it does need them.

I tried to buy a well abused 2000 but we just couldn't come close, he Is a reseller and I think he got it for a deal but did not do any work. It needs the correct fuel and air filter put back, rust in the air intake scares me of other internal rust but the dang thing cranks right up and minimal smoke, but has some broken 3pt stuff, rusted and cracked hood, trashed and busted radiator, just too much for me to make any money but one could buy it at a deal and do every thing and still have a solid tractor.

If tree your not interested I may be depending on where in GA taking a look at it myself.

/ How difficult to replace crank bearing...??? #22  
Run away.

If it ran out of oil it had other problems to consume the oil.

Plus since he didn't notice the oil level, it indicates extreme neglect that probably is evidenced in other components too.

Somebody will make some money parting this out but that's more headache than its worth.
im in this camp now, if it needs that much work as in it ran out of oil, unless the filter busted and he didn't notice it either leaked all out or burn out, it will and does have other stuff.

Parted out its worth way more than $700

/ How difficult to replace crank bearing...??? #23  
if it needs that much work as in it ran out of oil, unless the filter busted and he didn't notice it either leaked all out or burn out, it will and does have other stuff.
Yeah. I only have my own Yanmars for comparison but I don't think the oil is down an eighth of an inch on the dipstick at their next oil change, at 50 hours or sometimes two years if I haven't used the backhoe much.

And assuming the dipstick in that is like YM240 (YM2000), filling four quarts instead of the specified five puts the oil at the halfway mark on the dipstick. So I assume the low mark is two quarts down from the five quart fill. That's a huge amount of consumption, or else years of neglect, to lose so much oil that it starved the oil pump. Just a guess but I suspect what's in there now couldn't exceed maybe 1.5 quarts remaining at most. How could he not notice?

/ How difficult to replace crank bearing...??? #24  
Can crank even be turned out ? Crank may be toast ! ( no good) Possibly metal through out the engine as well.. may as well bank on an entire rebuild , and possibly a crank. If a crank can be had

/ How difficult to replace crank bearing...??? #25  
This has been on Cl. for awhile in Ga.. Maybe well worth checking into Esp. if the rod didn't get the crank. I had to drive about the same distance from Ga. to Al. for parts and a tiller. BTDT..... My Church bought a YM2500 from Spalding. Which was for me to use back then and I really liked it. Just Don't care for the 5? I believe it was PTO Gears. But even now my 2000 fits my needs better. Plus have a 5103 if needed on my land which has never happened yet.

YANMAR 25

/ How difficult to replace crank bearing...??? #26  
If there are bearing pieces in the oil pan you are in for a complete overhaul, or at least inspection for wear and damage, including main bearings. Based on your original question you would have to hire it done and the cost would be prohibitive. I would pass on this one if I were you.

/ How difficult to replace crank bearing...??? #27  
This tractor is getting the head pulled & most likely split.

If you were needing something to do, you found it.

/ How difficult to replace crank bearing...??? #28  
Yeah. I only have my own Yanmars for comparison but I don't think the oil is down an eighth of an inch on the dipstick at their next oil change, at 50 hours or sometimes two years if I haven't used the backhoe much.

And assuming the dipstick in that is like YM240 (YM2000), filling four quarts instead of the specified five puts the oil at the halfway mark on the dipstick. So I assume the low mark is two quarts down from the five quart fill. That's a huge amount of consumption, or else years of neglect, to lose so much oil that it starved the oil pump. Just a guess but I suspect what's in there now couldn't exceed maybe 1.5 quarts remaining at most. How could he not notice?
I Might put 20 to 25 hours a year on my tractor, some years of less use close to like 15 maybe. I cant tell the level moves one bit. I change oil and filters every year, but I live here in the humid south. Id rather put $15 of fresh oil and a $4 filter in every year and have piece of mind. More for moisture aspect than anything else.

/ How difficult to replace crank bearing...??? #29  
Long ago in this thread I posted this photo and an explanation that I hammered a dimple in the dipstick at the point where 4 quarts fills it to. (The white wire points to the dimple).

I don't run these tractors nearly as hard as someone discing/mowing/rototilling all day so I just pour in a 4-quart jug at the oil change and keep an eye on the oil level. It always stays at that dimple. I assume that all the crosshatched area represents an acceptable oil level.

If the crank-bearing tractor ran off the end of a dipstick like this ... that's severe neglect by the owner.

259108d1333511432-double-dipper-dilemma-p1660922rym240-dipsticks-jpg

/ How difficult to replace crank bearing...???
I hate to admit but I run everything hard.

My YM2000 was well used when I purchased it and I continue to run it hard.

I replanted a food plot yesterday. I disced the plot again then ran over it with a cultipacker after it was seeded.

It will use 1.5 to 2 quarts of oil in about 10 hours hard use.

td