How did you meet your better half?

/ How did you meet your better half? #71  
A bar in Chicago hosted an event for emergency care workers that service that neighborhood, which included a hospital where she worked in ER admitting.
At that time, I was an EMT that often worked that area, and my roommate was also a medic who also worked part-time as an ER tech in that same hospital she worked at.

I was pulling 16 hour shifts, 7a-11p, and last thing on my mind was to go to some bar event after that, but my roomie somehow dragged to that thing...and there she was. We just hit it off immediately, it was like magic, we ended up hanging out all night till 4:00, closing the bar, and the rest is history. This was like 1997. Next July will be our 25th anniversary.

It's funny, coz she worked a 12er that day herself, and wasn't planning on going to that thing either. So I guess it was fate that we both went and met.

/ How did you meet your better half? #72  
We met at work, both engineers at a tech startup company. Started dating secretly to avoid creating any office politics problems, and thought we were doing a good job of keeping things on the down-low. At one point, I was being considered for a transfer that would have us working side-by-side, so I went to the COO to finally disclose our little secret, which we both thought was so well-kept. He rolled his eyes, looked at me like I was stupid, and indicated everyone already knew about that.

"It's not a problem for us, unless you make it a problem for us," was basically what I was told. The rest is history.

/ How did you meet your better half? #73  
I met my wife during my last semester of college. I was graduating 6 months after I met her and I had my trajectory already picked out. We hung out, we had a blast, but in the back of my mind I knew things were probably not going to work out after I graduated. I stayed on there for a couple months after I graduated but I eventually moved 8 hours away to Chattanooga, the world was my oyster, I had big plans!. She was there on a soccer scholarship and had 2 more years of school, she could not follow me. This was 1998, before cell phone, before most people had personal emails. We tried a few visits, but I told her things just weren't going to work out. We broke up, Spring 1998.

When I got Facebook in 2007 our paths crossed again. We stayed in contact on and off over the years. Sometimes was chatted often, sometimes not for years. During that time she got married and had a son with a complete Jackwagon. That didn't work out and was actually a complete mess as these things sometimes are. I travelled, worked, lived life as a bachelor, dating on and off.

I began 2018 at the bottom of the Grand Canyon on a 9 day kayaking adventure on the Colorado River. An AMAZING way to start the year with 16 great friends, I had just bought my property a few months before, I was in my early 40's, life was going incredibly well. But single/bachelor life can be a lonely life. A couple days after I got back from The Big Ditch I had the most vivid dream of my life and it was about this woman, my ex-girlfriend from college, it was a good dream!!!!! At this point I had not talked to her or maybe even thought about her in a year or 2. I was shaken a bit by the vividness of the dream, by how wonderful the dream was. I had no other choice but to reach out to her. That was January of 2018, by June of 2018 they had moved from NYC to Chattanooga to live with me. We got married a couple years later. No complaints here!

Yes, I have used dating apps and I am SO glad those days are behind me. It sucked back then and I have heard it has just gotten weirder and worse as a whole. But could you imagine being a woman in that world? I have heard some HORROR stories from female friends about online dating. And I am sure there are tons more stories I have not/do not want to hear. I think the main thing is BE HONEST, BE YOURSELF, BE GENUINE and good things should come of it. There are good people on there. Good luck sir!
So.... I've been experiencing some weird stuff with my parents of all things.

My step mother passed away several years ago.

My step dad passed away last year.

Both parents are dating again. (Not each other though, mom would off him)

Mom's been getting into the online dating thing and has actually gone on a couple dates.

Of course, I've been playing the parent card with my mom (when are we gonna meet him?? How late are you gonna be out till??? If he breaks your heart I'll help you hide the body.....) you know, Normal concerned son stuff.

Well we met mom for lunch a few weeks ago. She's really hammering at her phone during the meal, so it's really peaking our curiosity as to what's going on.

She was trolling my dad on a dating app

/ How did you meet your better half? #74  
Maybe there is fire beneath that thar smoke……
😂

/ How did you meet your better half? #75  
I was a paramedic and responded for a 'heart attack' call. All normal stuff, just transported him to the hospital. A couple days later, went up and checked to see how he was doing. His daughter was visiting at the time and he introduced us.

There's a little more to the story about the next few days (me being an absolute idiot and not getting her phone number). Took me pulling some favors from the hospital staff......

But, I finally made contact with her and set up a first date that weekend. That also turned into a fiasco due to my being "a love struck idiot"......

Six weeks later we got married. We celebrate our 40th anniversary tomorrow!

/ How did you meet your better half? #76  
I was a paramedic and responded for a 'heart attack' call. All normal stuff, just transported him to the hospital. A couple days later, went up and checked to see how he was doing. His daughter was visiting at the time and he introduced us.

There's a little more to the story about the next few days (me being an absolute idiot and not getting her phone number). Took me pulling some favors from the hospital staff......

But, I finally made contact with her and set up a first date that weekend. That also turned into a fiasco due to my being "a love struck idiot"......

Six weeks later we got married. We celebrate our 40th anniversary tomorrow!
Congratulations on 40 years!

/ How did you meet your better half? #77  
I thought I was quick to get married about 1 year after we met. But, I see some of y'all were a lot faster than me at 6 weeks, and even 5 days!!!

I guess when you know, you know...

/ How did you meet your better half? #79  
Good catch, arthritic hands and age will do that. The word ”free” in the second sentence should read “after” unfortunately that wonderful young lady that has put up with me now has advanced Alzheimer’s . I’m the full time caretaker and our love is still as strong s ever

I appreciate your story and dedication. How many years has it been?

/ How did you meet your better half? #80  
I was a sub at a bowling alley and saw my beauty a few lanes over..
We kept catching one another sneaking peeks at each other..
I finally got up the nerve to go talk to her..
This is no bull.. I went and asked her if she had a boyfriend.?? She said, NO..
Then I said, would you like one.??!!
We’ve been inseparable for over 25 years..
(Feel free to use that line)