How did you meet your better half?

/ How did you meet your better half? #51  
I'll try the Reader's Digest version:

First day of high school, new school & students, home room some crazy looking guy in back of class making paper airplanes & talking to himself so I sat beside him. No...he's not my husband!
He was a straight A student but a fruitcake, which is why I befriended him.
His parents kicked him out when he was 17 so he lived in his $50 car up in the woods eating beans cooked in his hubcap.
Finally he got a job after a short stint in the Army, discharged for eating peanut butter off of a toilet seat.
He rented a cheap apartment in town from an old lady, a heroin addict who always wore raincoat & galoshes & was an ex-stripper.
There were these cute girls in that neighborhood, one was very tall (love at first sight) and they walked up to my friends apartment to watch him boil an opossum he had killed with a bedroom shoe.
(I swear it's all true and I've never used drugs ).
Anyway I started dating the tall girl, and ironically discovered when my mother & her parents moved to town from Syracuse in 1934 they rented a house just a few doors down from my wife's parents twenty years before wife was born and only fairly recently discovered my Dad and her Mother both worked at Sears (so my wife is my sister......kidding, I made that part up), but as very young kids my wife & I went to Sears Christmas parties and we made faces at each other. I thought she was cute then, 51 years ago as teenagers, and now.
She talked me into going in business in the 70s...we worked together until retirement 10 years ago.

/ How did you meet your better half? #52  
My wife was raised on the farm just North of mine, at 28 years old I was in between queen's for my then single wide trailer and we had been studying each other up a little because we kept bumping into each other here and there, one afternoon she pulled up to the plywood palace and invited me to church which I was in desperate need of the lord, so one Sunday morning I went and started going regularly and when the roof didn't cave in I felt a little better and slowly my life got turned around and apparently I became husband material and we have been married going on 28 years with 3 kids.

/ How did you meet your better half? #53  
I met my wife online in November 2005. After chatting online with her for a year, I flew to the Philippines to meet her in person in November 2006. I proposed marriage and she accepted. We applied for a K1 (fiancé) visa and she arrived in the US in July 2007. We were married that September and have been happily married since. I put her through nursing school and she works for the VA now. Our 11 year old just started 6th grade yesterday :)
A detail I failed to mention that some may find odd, we have a significant age difference. She's 39 and I'm 59. I know most people can do at least a little math here but I won't force anyone to, she was 21 and I was 41 in 2005 when we met online. She pursued me as I was already chatting with a 34 year old. Basically she wouldn't take no for an answer as much as I tried to persuade her to find someone closer to her age. In the end, I'm glad she was so persistent and our age gap has never been an issue. We have friends that are phil/am couples with bigger age gaps than ours, it's pretty typical actually.

/ How did you meet your better half? #54  
On the radio in 1984.
I knew she was the one.
37 days we were married at the city park.
Honeymooned in a tent at the county park.

/ How did you meet your better half? #55  
My mom and dad dated 6 weeks before they got married.
My wife and I dated 6 years before we got married.

🙃

/ How did you meet your better half? #56  
My mother dated a guy who was a neighbor, engaged, found out he was running around so broke the engagement. On a whim she and her friends went to a fortune teller who described Dad, how many kids she would have...everything correct.
I was almost born Christmas day and same time another kid born same hospital, same last name & eye color. Years before arm bands and they got us mixed up!
I always wondered if they finally got it straight!
I guess they did because home from hospital my grandmother next door said "doesn't he have an ugly mouth. He looks just like his Dad!".

/ How did you meet your better half? #57  
I meet my wife in high school, at the time she was going out with one of my hockey team mate, I always had a eye for her even back then, there is and was just something about her eyes that came and got me. Once I got divorce I tried the online dating apps but it wasn't my thing... after a bit being single I messaged her we talk a bit but she told me she had a BF so I left it at that, a few years later she send me a message on Facebook ... ya you read that right... 6 months later she moved in, a year later we got married.

I swore I wouldn't get married after my divorce and she didn't care to get married ether. Life is and was so simple, stress free and drama free I was like I want to spend the rest of my life with her so I ask if she wanted to marry me and she said yes.

Last edited:
   / How did you meet your better half? #59  
Met my wife at a party , five days later I proposed and that was 56 years ago . No we did not tell our kids until free they were married
Am I the only one that has no idea what this sentence (?) is supposed to mean?

/ How did you meet your better half? #60  
I met my wife 28 years ago in the County Jail. She was not an inmate, but was a dispatcher. I was dropping off a customer, who was looking for free meals and a bed after committing a crime.