How big of a tine grapple should I consider?

/ How big of a tine grapple should I consider?
My grapple came today unannounced! Luckily someone was at the house that could unload it for me. Darn fedex, they were suppose to call to set up a time but oh well, I have it hooked up now. I only had to run to the store to get the hoses to run from one of my rear ports to the front. I'll have to post some photos tomorrow. The thing is a beast and a lot bigger than what it looks in the photos. I can't wait to test it out!

20190718_171150.jpg 20190718_171157.jpg 20190718_165341.jpg

I didnt have the hoses hooked up just yet so no action photos yet.

/ How big of a tine grapple should I consider? #13  
Congrats on the New Grapple :thumbsup:

looks a bit like a BIG brother to my grapple

Those tines look real heavy duty, Are those 1 1/2 inch diameter or maybe even larger?

Thanks! They are 2 and a quarter inch tines. They look a lot bigger in person than they did in the photos. I actually had the nerve to ask about replacement tines when I was order it and the salesman was like you'll never bend or break these tines so I wouldn't worry about buying an extra one. I can see why now...something else will break before those break.

/ How big of a tine grapple should I consider? #15  
For manure clean up that grapple will undoubtedly work great. I like the idea that each tine can be removed and worked on, if needed. Round, flat or square - the tines will do fine on brush & trees also. That's the first grapple I've ever seen with tubular tines. It looks to be a monster.

A suggestion - have the tips of those tines flat down on the ground - wherever you park the tractor. Hate to accidentally walk into one of those tines.

For manure clean up that grapple will undoubtedly work great. I like the idea that each tine can be removed and worked on, if needed. Round, flat or square - the tines will do fine on brush & trees also. That's the first grapple I've ever seen with tubular tines. It looks to be a monster.

A suggestion - have the tips of those tines flat down on the ground - wherever you park the tractor. Hate to accidentally walk into one of those tines.

Anything I have on the loader that has a spike I usually have pointed down towards the ground unless it will lay flat. Our german shepherd a few years ago ran chest first into a bale spear that wasn't pointed down and put a nice hole in her. It was a Saturday afternoon as well so it was an expensive trip to the after hours vet clinic.

My main use will be for manure clean up right now. In the near future I will be back to cutting down trees and clearing areas so this will grapple will work great for that.

/ How big of a tine grapple should I consider? #17  
Thanks! They are 2 and a quarter inch tines. They look a lot bigger in person than they did in the photos. I actually had the nerve to ask about replacement tines when I was order it and the salesman was like you'll never bend or break these tines so I wouldn't worry about buying an extra one. I can see why now...something else will break before those break.

WOW -2 1/4" solid round tines...
I thought mine were pretty heavy being 1 3/8"

Yeah- i would hold off on ordering any spares for now.

That grapple should last a lifetime.

ps.

We get hay in large squares for the horses, this style Grapple is versatile enough that I never felt the need to get a bale spear attachment.

Works well to load/unload trailers and stack the bales and also logs. I do remove about half of the tines for hay though.

In addition to manure removal- it also works great to fully penetrate into slash piles and then a little bucket shaking can usually separate the loose dirt.

Congrats again, That Grappple should serve you well.