How agriculture works thread

/ How agriculture works thread
Long video made in Europe of ag machines.
That took me a while to watch but a very interesting video to see. Some machines I knew and others new to me. Is there more tilling in Europe than in North America?

/ How agriculture works thread #814  
Here is a new concept for agriculture. In case some of you are wondering what they are talking about one of the features of this system is that it always uses the same tire tracks so they do not worry about compaction - they just do not expect crop growth in the tracks. I find it very interesting to manage the entire machine from one side and they really cannot see the far end of the machine.

BTW - I notice they never mention the cost.

/ How agriculture works thread #815  
I learned a long time ago that, 'there is no romance to the finance'. You can buy anything with good credit (I do farm wise) but paying for it is an entirely different matter, especially when input costs are increasing exponentially.

It's all good until the payment stubs come in....lol

/ How agriculture works thread #816  
I learned a long time ago that, 'there is no romance to the finance'. You can buy anything with good credit (I do farm wise) but paying for it is an entirely different matter, especially when input costs are increasing exponentially.

It's all good until the payment stubs come in....lol
That's a truism for most businesses.

/ How agriculture works thread
OK, here is a video on how the LEXION 8000-7000 thrasher or cyclinder works. Why wouldn't this be bothered by hill sides?

/ How agriculture works thread #818  
OK, here is a video on how the LEXION 8000-7000 thrasher or cyclinder works. Why wouldn't this be bothered by hill sides?
Yes but normally not in the threshing because the header feeds it in from both sides and the material is controlled by the feeder chain back into the cylinder that does the threshing. The problem is usually that the material overloads one side of the sieves making the effective cleaning area much smaller. This machine mitigates that by having two rotors that spin the opposite direction that keep the grain on each side. Then on the return pan under the rotors there are dividers that help to kepp the grin from working sideways. Consequently there is not near as much grain pile up on one side.

/ How agriculture works thread #820  
First time I saw anything like those was in San Luis Valley near Alamosa Colorado 40 years ago. 😎