How agriculture works thread

/ How agriculture works thread #701  
Should have grabbed it....lol
I wish that I had... and would have if I'd known how much they've gone up in price. It was the weekend anyways and I don't keep that much cash on hand.

/ How agriculture works thread #702  
Some deep plowing action for a new yellow kiwi plantation in Italy.

I think you meant DEEP plowing! Hearing that plow creaking and watching that big of a tractor struggle was a little intense. I wonder how big of a bottom was on that plow? Look like 5ft. Lol

/ How agriculture works thread #703  
I wish that I had... and would have if I'd known how much they've gone up in price. It was the weekend anyways and I don't keep that much cash on hand.
I would have gladly upped your ante 500 clams and paid the shipping to me as well.

/ How agriculture works thread #704  
I think you meant DEEP plowing! Hearing that plow creaking and watching that big of a tractor struggle was a little intense. I wonder how big of a bottom was on that plow? Look like 5ft. Lol

That's a one off implement but the manufacturer makes other sizes and those go about 44" deep and 32" wide. Required power: 300 to 450 HP. I bet our Bransons could pull that easily. :)

/ How agriculture works thread
Just filmed in Andover SD and i believe this same fellow purchased my grandfathers gas Case tractor X years ago. The old steam engines always make me nervous since they liked to blow up.

/ How agriculture works thread #706  
Peanut digging/inverting and picking is in full swing here this week. Beautiful dry weather for it. Some politician and his two pretty red tour buses were in a nearby peanut field yesterday trying to drum up votes or $$$. Boy just get out of their way and let‘em work. :)

Canola being combined in southern ND and he talks about this grain some. This is a bit west and north from were my family members operate farms. That grain cart they are using is HUGE! This guy is a professional film maker and includes the sounds of the machines working. Gee that brings back memories. :D

Last edited:
Amski, our finish girl is out combing wheat in a new combine. Gosh their fields are small.

Last edited:
   / How agriculture works thread #709  
Just filmed in Andover SD and i believe this same fellow purchased my grandfathers gas Case tractor X years ago. The old steam engines always make me nervous since they liked to blow up.
Wow, it takes a lot of manpower and horsepower to run that plow. Too bad they couldn't drop the plows all the way. It looked like some were just skimming the ground.

Wow, it takes a lot of manpower and horsepower to run that plow. Too bad they couldn't drop the plows all the way. It looked like some were just skimming the ground.
Ya, I thought the same thing. The plow shares not fully engaged.