House Build 2023

/ House Build 2023 #231  
I didn't realize that you had a working farm!!!! What do you raise and grow? Any pics?

/ House Build 2023
I've got a couple dozen chickens, half a dozen ducks, 2 turkeys (they are the most fun to have around), 7 bee hives (right now, that number changes a lot up and down), and my neighbor and I grow a couple gardens together. He's older and enjoys playing in the garden but needs help, so we do it together and share the spoils. The one at his place is right at half an acre. It's usually corn, purple hull peas, okra, green beans and a couple other odds and ends. The one at my place is smaller and has the stuff that has to be watched more. Squash, zucchini, tomatoes, bell peppers, jalepenos, cucumbers, watermelon, cantaloupe and probably a couple others I'm not remembering. I've tried springtime leafy things like broccoli and cauliflower but I couldn't keep up with the worms so it was not worth it. Also, with the dry dry summers we've had the last couple years turnips have not worked out for fall greens. I've got pictures around I'll dig a few up.

/ House Build 2023
Bricks are working their way around to the front of the house. And we got the first interior door!

auEjQGjg-464789806.jpeg20231108_171824.jpg

/ House Build 2023 #236  
Nice! Looks like more was done than dropping them off. :)

They are unfinished and you have to finish them in place? That's kind of surprising. I thought most cabinets, even custom cabinets are usually finished when/where they are built.

/ House Build 2023
I've never known of custom cabinets being delivered finished. I'm sure there are some that are but it's not expected around here.

/ House Build 2023
I picked up the porch columns and outdoor trim for wrapping the decorative trusses and faux beams.

20231110_171346.jpg20231111_144718.jpg

/ House Build 2023 #240  
I've never known of custom cabinets being delivered finished. I'm sure there are some that are but it's not expected around here.
I can’t imagine finishing installed.