Hot hose protection?

/ Hot hose protection? #21  
Interesting old thread. Reading it makes me wonder if a restriction could be causing hot hydraulic oil. If so, it could be quick disconnects, backhoe lever/3pt connections, or a relief valve sticking. The theme that continues to pop up in some of these old threads is that the hydraulic quick couplers sometimes don't connect properly. Several people mention that they had to disconnect them, clean the tips, and connect them again.

This thread also contains a working link for simple hydraulic temperature gauge that fits some kubotas. From the context of the thread it may fit the B21.
Mostly what I read is a lot of good reports on the B21 from 20 years ago.

/ Hot hose protection? #22  
Are the radiators clean enough to see light through them?

That reminds me that I need to open the hood and look at mine. I try to clean around in the engine compartment and radiators every year or so. A soft brush and hot soapy water followed by a garden hose rinse.
The Kubota doesn't leak oil so doesn' have a need to risk the damage that a pressure washer can inflict.
Next warm day,
rScotty

/ Hot hose protection?
Are the radiators clean enough to see light through them?
The oil cooler is an "open tube" design, basically a pipe bent into a bunch of "u-turns", nothing much to plug up.

/ Hot hose protection?
Interesting old thread. Reading it makes me wonder if a restriction could be causing hot hydraulic oil. If so, it could be quick disconnects, backhoe lever/3pt connections, or a relief valve sticking. The theme that continues to pop up in some of these old threads is that the hydraulic quick couplers sometimes don't connect properly. Several people mention that they had to disconnect them, clean the tips, and connect them again.

This thread also contains a working link for simple hydraulic temperature gauge that fits some kubotas. From the context of the thread it may fit the B21.
Mostly what I read is a lot of good reports on the B21 from 20 years ago.

Yeah, I think I will stick with either the HF infrared pistol, or the thermocouple plug in for my multimeter.
It is probably not "overheating" anyway, touching any surface that is over 120 F is likely to cause a reaction, especially if unexpected. I rarely smell the hydraulic fluid unless I am really pushing the machine in hot weather.

I will take more care with the QD's in any case.