Hinomoto E16 Help

/ Hinomoto E16 Help #1  

mrcrousseau

Tractor
Hinomoto E16
So I just bought an E16 and I am having trouble getting it running. When I go to start it, I hear a click, that's it. I put a new starter, battery with cables, and ignition on it. I also replaced the fuses (I found 4.) It is very hard to come across information on this tractor. Any ideas?

/ Hinomoto E16 Help #2  
Not a diesel mechanic but if it were mine I would look for the starter relay and bridge across the two large lugs to see if it is actually working. That is probably the click that you hear and maybe the lugs need to be cleaned. If you haven't done this before there will be quite an arc when you bridge them. Make sure it is out of gear since you will be in a bad spot if it is in gear and cranks. Safety first.

/ Hinomoto E16 Help
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

/ Hinomoto E16 Help #4  
:welcome:
To the TBN forum. You came to the right place to get any question answered.

Where are you located?

/ Hinomoto E16 Help #5  
After replacing all those parts & it won't work jumping across the starter terminals, I'd make sure your ground is good. You need bare metal to bare metal. I have manuals & parts available.

/ Hinomoto E16 Help #6  
After replacing all those parts & it won't work jumping across the starter terminals, I'd make sure your ground is good. You need bare metal to bare metal. I have manuals & parts available.
You have manual send info

/ Hinomoto E16 Help #7  
I don't like to do pricing on message boards. I sent you a private message.