High visibility beacons for safer road work

/ High visibility beacons for safer road work #31  
I know of no state in the US that limits how many miles you can drive a tractor.
We road travel considerably with tractors and implements usually 3 miles or less,
occasionally 10 miles. But I do know of farmers that will do more distance as needed.

On the issue of the strobes I had one for my Branson and removed it, my flashers are high and work good.
The strobe would interfere with my vision in fog or snow reflecting back into my eyes.
I can turn mine off and on from inside the cab and... I can change the flash patterns as well.

/ High visibility beacons for safer road work #32  
Some people are the same way about drawing attention to their person when in public. You might have noticed them conducting their street vendor enterprises. White brogans with gold buckles, lime green or hot pink threads head to toe, flashy ring on each finger, gold mouth grill, wide brim lid topped off with peacock tail feathers.
Yep...that's me!!!!

/ High visibility beacons for safer road work #33  
Here's a picture of the beacon installation on my Kubota, see my post #26. The pic camera angle makes it look as if the beacon top is above the top of the ROPS frame, but it isn't.
20221105_142202.jpg

Last edited:
   / High visibility beacons for safer road work #34  
Here's a picture of the beacon installation on my Kubota, see my post #26. The pic camera angle makes it look as if the beacon top is above the top of the ROPS frame, but it isn't.View attachment 769298

Nice installation. I was wondering why it's on the right side, then post #26 cleared that up.
I plow snow and have wanted a beacon on the cab roof, but my garage door clearance doesn't allow it. The cab flashers are adequate (about 7' high) but I still use a magnetic strobe on the plow or blower.

/ High visibility beacons for safer road work #35  
Everything on on the road has flashing lights on it these days. Pickup trucks driven by the water company, power company, mail, couriers, school buses, etc.
I don't mind them having flashing lights, i just want them to limit red and blue lights to actual emergency vehicles. Imho, blue should be Police only. Red should be Fire/Ambulance only. Amber only for everything else. Some states have specific rules on this, others don't. For instance, here in Texas, road work vehicles mix blue and amber.

/ High visibility beacons for safer road work #36  
My units are much larger than yours and I like having the low mount beacon mounted to the roof plus, the Agri-Eyes beacon is ambient light sensitive so at night it dims itself and during the day is at full brightness. It's a nice flush mount unit and it comes with 6 flash patterns as well.