help with heater hookup on 743

/ help with heater hookup on 743 #1  

laurencen

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat 5600T Kioti CK20, Cat D2 dozer, Cat 420 tractor loader, Deer 644E loader, Bobcat E32 mini and Bobcat 590 skidsteer, Toro Groundsmaster 325D
as stated my son has a Bobcat 743, we are trying to jook up a cab heater, best I could see its connected to the top of the motor though when we tried that there is next to no water pumping thro it, we have tried bleeding, flushing with no sucess, anyone have a 743 that can take a few pictures where the cab heater hoses go on the motor

thanks

/ help with heater hookup on 743 #2  
as stated my son has a Bobcat 743, we are trying to jook up a cab heater, best I could see its connected to the top of the motor though when we tried that there is next to no water pumping thro it, we have tried bleeding, flushing with no sucess, anyone have a 743 that can take a few pictures where the cab heater hoses go on the motor

thanks
One goes to water pump or very near it. Other goes into block. Should be a plug near water pump you replace it with a hose barb. Have to be near water pump to get circulation. You can even put a valve in it to turn off in summer. Route your hoses safely. Those engines are fun to take out. Overheating will crack the head. I have replaced heads and rings in five of them. Not the manufacturer problem, but the owners caused the problems.

/ help with heater hookup on 743
yes it had a cracked head when we purchased it, never seen a machine that bad, cracked head, bent tilt cylinder, relief valve was backed rigth off, heaven knows how they got to it, coupling destroyed and levers way off

have to search for the plug by the water pump, thanks