Help with annoying problem

/ Help with annoying problem #1  

TPONZ

Tractor
McCormick xtx 145 Xtra Speed
Hi, My 2011 McCormick XTX 145 is running just fine from the moment i start it until i have to exit the cab and on my return find the transmission
has gone into neutral, the only way i can get going again is to shut down the engine and then restart the engine at which time my
gears are back and i can set off again.
Anyone have any ideas as to what might be wrong and how i can rectify ?

/ Help with annoying problem #2  
Not familiar with your machine, but generally its probably something loose in the shifter - retaining pin or something like that.

/ Help with annoying problem #3  
Is it a safety thing, leaving the cab locks out the trans?

Has it always done this or is it a new problem?

/ Help with annoying problem #4  
AH - perhaps a new twist to the "leave the seat" safety system.

/ Help with annoying problem #5  
Hi, My 2011 McCormick XTX 145 is running just fine from the moment i start it until i have to exit the cab and on my return find the transmission
has gone into neutral, the only way i can get going again is to shut down the engine and then restart the engine at which time my
gears are back and i can set off again.
Anyone have any ideas as to what might be wrong and how i can rectify ?
What kind of reverser do you have F-N-R or same but with “P” (park)?

/ Help with annoying problem
Its not a new tractor, 2011 but new to me and yes its been like this since i bought it.

I thought maybe theres a setting for a timer giving the user time to get out to open
a gate before getting back into the seat. So long as im in the seat there are no issues.

/ Help with annoying problem #7  
Its not a new tractor, 2011 but new to me and yes its been like this since i bought it.

I thought maybe theres a setting for a timer giving the user time to get out to open
a gate before getting back into the seat. So long as im in the seat there are no issues.
Not familiar with the modern larger machines and the advancements made in the transmissions as well as safety.

Do you have the manual? Maybe something in it would reveal what's going on. Cause it sounds like some sequence of events isn't happening. Park brake set, lever in park and not neutral, etc.

/ Help with annoying problem #8  

Check the manual? Might provide some insight.

/ Help with annoying problem #9  
This sounds like you have either the E-plus or the E version that have the hydraulic range shift option. The way to get it back to your previous gear that it had been in on exit, is to after being back in the seat, depress/hold the range button on the front of your shifter handle and then pressing the upshift button!

/ Help with annoying problem #10  

As you can see, I have an XTX and it is equipped with the E-plus option. Seems to work well, and I hope this trick works for you if you haven't figured it out already!