Help ordering hydraulic fittings (for rear remote)

/ Help ordering hydraulic fittings (for rear remote) #11  
Kubota did offer a rear hydraulic block assembly as an option - which provided two ports (Out and In) to allow installation of a valve block (with Power Beyond), in series, just before the 3PH. If memory serves, the (female) ports on that hydraulic block were 1/4" NPT thread ... but I would have to check the instruction sheet or do a visual to make sure.
The threads on the rear hydraulic block (what is likely feeding your valve, assuming the dealer did it right) are 1/4" pipe ... looked earlier today on the B2910 to verify it. The flow rating on the rear hydraulic block is 4.5 or 4.7 gpm (from memory) .... which is somewhat less than the hydraulic block for the FEL is rated for (6+ gpm)

/ Help ordering hydraulic fittings (for rear remote)
Steve I know that rust just rubs you the wrong way.:D

Agreed the 6801LL long elbows would look better. But rather than tempting fate I'll just get same as whats there ( for $3.50 ) - don't want it to be a mix between ultra-pro and cobbled up. I'm too cheap & lazy to remove those other two anyway. Being only $30 in fittings away from "top notch" does give me comfort and the opportunity to clear it up when I retire. If I take this machine to the tractor show I'll change those fittings - gonna polish my FEL cylinders, throw a mexican blanket over the seat and kick Rswyan's B2910 butt with my rear hydraulics accessory! :D

I read NPTF as "Nat Pipe Thread Female", interesting that! Kubota QDs are not ball style AFAIK, I will check that too - to be sure.

RS you say its 1/4"pipe? OK I really need to see my tractor & measure fittings before ordering anything.

Thanks for the help!

/ Help ordering hydraulic fittings (for rear remote) #13  
Sodo, you really don't know me at all - YOUR rusty crud doesn't bother me one bit :D:D:D

'Sides, I'm too busy drawing up the plans for the new 40x60 shop to have any time left for polishing stuff... Steve

/ Help ordering hydraulic fittings (for rear remote) #14  
... If I take this machine to the tractor show I'll change those fittings - gonna polish my FEL cylinders, throw a mexican blanket over the seat and kick Rswyan's B2910 butt with my rear hydraulics accessory! :D
LOL ... Prince SV vs. Dinoil Grudge Match ?

I read NPTF as "Nat Pipe Thread Female", interesting that!

Kubota QDs are not ball style AFAIK, I will check that too - to be sure.
The ones that came originally on my LA402 were 1/4" poppet style ... Snap-Tite brand specifically ...

RS you say its 1/4"pipe? OK I really need to see my tractor & measure fittings before ordering anything.
I say the rear auxiliary hydraulic block - which is the inlet/outlet on the rear axle case that's probably feeding your Dinoil valve - is 1/4" pipe (female)

Thanks for the help!
My pleasure ...

Anybody know what's going on here? Why would there be a 1/4" NPT ftg (& swivel) in the 3/8" supply line. RS, you say that the aux hydr block is only 1/4" pipe?

Why does that bigger inlet elbow have a 1/4"pipe on it?

Forgot to look for the hydraulic block, see where this all comes from. Will report back.

425350d1431957585-help-ordering-hydraulic-fittings-rear-b2710_rear_hydraulics5-choke-jpg

Attachments

• B2710_rear_hydraulics5-choke.jpg
    B2710_rear_hydraulics5-choke.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 887
   / Help ordering hydraulic fittings (for rear remote) #16  
Anybody know what's going on here?
Well ... not to put too fine a point on it, but I think BukItCase kinda nailed it earlier ... :D

Why would there be a 1/4" NPT ftg (& swivel) in the 3/8" supply line.
The more interesting question is why in the world would someone place a quick disconnect in the supply, return or PBYD lines for a valve that is permanently mounted on the tractor ...

You'd think they would have been plumbed permanently ...

RS, you say that the aux hydr block is only 1/4" pipe?
Based on my visual inspection of the hydraulic block on my B2910, yes - it appears that the threaded inlet and outlet (both female) of the hydraulic block are 1/4 NPT.

I have the actual installation instructions for it up in the shop in the folder for the tractor ... I'll verify it in a little bit, when I go up there.

Why does that bigger inlet elbow have a 1/4"pipe on it?
Hard to say ... whoever did the install had that particular fitting in stock and wanted to get rid of it, etc., etc.

Probably no real legitimate reason for it ...

Based on the stated flow in and out of the hydraulic block, it does bottleneck it slightly.

Forgot to look for the hydraulic block, see where this all comes from. Will report back.
Looking at the tractor from the rear, it's on the right side, behind and north of the rear axle.

Look for a plate that is bolted to the rear case and has a pair of tubes welded to it, and a square/rectangular block of metal welded onto the tubes (which is where the threaded holes - which face rearward - are ...)

Last edited:
   / Help ordering hydraulic fittings (for rear remote) #17  
Other than standing by my previous observations (and Rswyan's) :D I'm wondering if your 'bota ever had a backhoe on it - if so, it probably would have had QD's on both inlet and outlet to/from the remotes -

My ancient 580B was one of the last Case TLB's where you could remove the hoe and replace it with a (very herky) 3-point with TnT AND an extra remote - and it has (large) QD's in and out of the hoe. The 3ph gets plugged into those same QD's.

IMNSHO, if you don't plan on a hoe for your 'bota (and who would, with a mini-ex available) those particular QD's would hit the trash bin along with the other "it's what I had left in the bucket" fittings... Steve

I can't even guess why there would be a QD on the supply (no backhoe frame). All workin' good though, so I'm not likely to change fittings. If I had a need for more flow it's possible something could be gained. Got plenty of other stuff to do that I'm fastidious about (like my burn piles).

I followed the hoses and they go to the FEL block.

/ Help ordering hydraulic fittings (for rear remote) #19  
I can't even guess why there would be a QD on the supply (no backhoe frame).
And if it was the Kubota 'hoe, it likely would have been supplied with a PTO pump ... at least for the BH4672B or BH4690B ... the later ones (BH 76 or BH 77 ?) maybe have been intended to run directly off the tractor's hydraulics, without a PTO pump.

Are there QD's on the PBYD and the return ?

All workin' good though, so I'm not likely to change fittings. If I had a need for more flow it's possible something could be gained. Got plenty of other stuff to do that I'm fastidious about (like my burn piles).
Well, hey ... a fella has to have his priorities I guess ...

But keep in mind that the FEL hydraulic block is rated for almost 50% more flow (6+ gpm) than the rear hydraulic block is (4.5 gpm)

I followed the hoses and they go to the FEL block.
Seriously ?

... the FEL hydraulic block ... not the FEL valve itself ?

How is the FEL valve being fed ... off the PBYD on the rear valve ?

:confused2:

425456-help-ordering-hydraulic-fittings-rear-img_2130-jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2130.jpg
    IMG_2130.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 746
I've got a million little projects going on. Sawmilling wood, carpentry, fixit projects, maintenance. Its been raining and had burnpiles going too, and I can always find more stuff to clean up. So nice to be out in the woods - right now everything's green, vibrant, wildflowers out in force and you can almost hear the trees getting thicker. And my burnpiles, they seem to command respect, and gifts, incessant gifts. All I can say is it's really great exercise, and I can huck a stick farther than anybody and get it to land exactly in the intended location on the pile. :D

Thanks for that pic RS. My hoses go forward to this little rectangular unit, which I did not investigate (yet). Your incredulity piques my interest and I will look further, what that square block is. What would I use 6 gpm (vs 4.5) for that will benefit me? I don't recall tapping my foot waiting for the TnT.

What gpm do I "need" for a splitter for example?

425484d1432045477-help-ordering-hydraulic-fittings-rear-b2710_rear_hydraulics6-jpg

Attachments

• B2710_rear_hydraulics6.jpg
    B2710_rear_hydraulics6.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 2,834

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2011 Stealth Electric Vehicle (A33544)
2011 Stealth...
6 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
6 Yard steel end...
2 Yard plastic dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
2 Yard plastic...
2019 Chevrolet Express (A33526)
2019 Chevrolet...
2013 Ford F-550 Truck, VIN # 1FDUF5GY0DEB59906 (A32908)
2013 Ford F-550...
6 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
6 Yard steel end...