Help ordering hydraulic fittings (for rear remote)

/ Help ordering hydraulic fittings (for rear remote)
Steve that's a lot of zeros. Another reference to it is "dread naught". Dread referring to "four" and naught referring to zeros (after the decimal) which has morphed to the common lingo "deadnuts". "Dread naught" (the word) has been taken over by a heavily fortified warship named the Dreadnought (~1905).

TBN image uploader still malfunctioning. I know y'all are hungry for my edited diagram but count your blessings; otherwise I'da uploaded the classic old GD&T symbol for deadnuts too.:laughing:

& thanks Ken at DiscountHose. I'll be calling you one of these days.

/ Help ordering hydraulic fittings (for rear remote) #73  
426757d1432739437-help-ordering-hydraulic-fittings-rear-b2710_rear_hydraulics90-jpg

OK I'm back out in the mountains and here's whats inside the "OUT" port.

Down at the bottom of the hole there is a thread that's about 1/2" diameter, they are barely visible in the picture. (Not referring to the reflection image on the oil surface).

From this pic, can anybody tell me is this port likely configured for a PB adapter? If you think so I will start chasing Dinoil for one.

427433d1433186469-help-ordering-hydraulic-fittings-rear-b2710_rear_hydraulics95-jpg

Well skepticism of wht you read on the internet is essential, in my mind. Forums are not really the best way to learn stuff, you don't see threads quoted in user manuals, for example. But I sure learn lots on forums (when able to drill down to the truth).

Regarding the "discussion" whether it's "acceptable" to have hi-pressure in a return circuit, here's a pic of the seal on the "OUT" port. It makes sense that this seal arrangement (where there's an o-ring pressed down by a washer) is intended only for a low pressure "return to tank". I don't know what other reasons there are but this has to be one of them.

427434d1433186469-help-ordering-hydraulic-fittings-rear-b2710_rear_hydraulics96-jpg

As you can see in the picture below, there is only one set of threads on a PB adapter.

The purpose of the PB adapter is to separate the main gallery and the tank port by the tip of the PB plug.

The other style of PB adapter is a hex screw to separate the tank port from the main gallery.

The new picture you posted, is it to infer the wrong way to install a remote or accessory with the circle and line through the circle?

Did you draw the red circle with the line, which means NOT.

Say you had a QD on the input to the remote valve with engine at max, and the QD popped open, what would happen?

If the PB port does have a second set of threads, then it is designed to use the PB hex screw.

Attachments

• PB adapter.jpg
    PB adapter.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 214
  • PB hex screw.jpg
    PB hex screw.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
The new picture you posted, is it to infer the wrong way to install a remote or accessory with the circle and line through the circle? Did you draw the red circle with the line, which means NOT.

Yes this is my (blue) notes on Prince Hydraulic's diagram showing how NOT to do it.

The other style of PB adapter is a hex screw to separate the tank port from the main gallery. If the PB port does have a second set of threads, then it is designed to use the PB hex screw.

Very good info, thanks! So If I plug the gallery below with the hex screw, then the fitting I labeled "OUT" becomes PB? And then do I have to remove the plug adjacent to it for the rtn to Tank?

attachment.php

Attachments

• B2710_rear_hydraulics90mod.jpg
    B2710_rear_hydraulics90mod.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 407
   / Help ordering hydraulic fittings (for rear remote) #75  
You need to check with Dinoil about the PB if any of their valves has the capability.

If in fact the hex screw is correct, you need to get the exact screw that fits the Dinoil valve. It could be SAE or metric.

Looking through some of their valves, I did not see mention of PB.

The port labeled tank/out should go to tank.

Last edited:
I labeled it "OUT" in the pic only. Haven't found any labels on the valve. Will look again carefully for port labels on the valve.

/ Help ordering hydraulic fittings (for rear remote) #77  
Looking through some of their valves, I did not see mention of PB.
Yeah ... but they're Eye-tal-yans ... so who knows what terminology they're using.

I briefly looked thru their catalog about a week or so ago re: this thread and IIRC it looked like they could have used someone who was fluent in English (not Engrish) to side-check the translation.