Heating the Hydraulic Oil

/ Heating the Hydraulic Oil #1  

rScotty

Tractor
Kubota M59, JD530, JD310SG. Restoring Yanmar YM165D
I notice that my YM336D not only has a block heater for the motor, it also has a transmission oil heater that fits inside the screen filter. Most of you know the one I mean. It's the filter that we clean out by hand & that lives under the triangular cover. On the 336 it is back by the PTO and on the 165 it on the side of the transmission, but it's the same kind of hollow tubular wire mesh filter with one open end. From the look of the Yanmar heating element it looks like a pretty universal type of heater. Was it popular with other models? Or even offered?
Thanks, rScotty

/ Heating the Hydraulic Oil #2  
Never heard of one for the transmission, but then that is not suprising.

/ Heating the Hydraulic Oil #3  
My 186D owners manual shows the trans heater as an accessory, previous owner only got the block heater though. The trans would be really nice, I feel the cold affects it more than the engine and it takes longer to warm up.

/ Heating the Hydraulic Oil
My 186D owners manual shows the trans heater as an accessory, previous owner only got the block heater though. The trans would be really nice, I feel the cold affects it more than the engine and it takes longer to warm up.

Why not simply check with Yanmar to see if they are still selling the part? Last tranny heater I got from Yanmar was about $40, I think.

BTW, that reminds me. Does anyone know what the status of ordering Yanmar parts is today? Ten years ago getting parts for the US Yanmars was simply a matter of giving a part number to the Yanmar parts warehouse in Buffalo Grove, ILL.
rScotty

/ Heating the Hydraulic Oil #5  
That heater is mentioned in my YM146 or GT14 literature, but none of mine have them. I would imagine the heaters and the wire filters are the same for all models. Production cost wise, it makes sense.

/ Heating the Hydraulic Oil #6  
Why not simply check with Yanmar to see if they are still selling the part? Last tranny heater I got from Yanmar was about $40, I think.

BTW, that reminds me. Does anyone know what the status of ordering Yanmar parts is today? Ten years ago getting parts for the US Yanmars was simply a matter of giving a part number to the Yanmar parts warehouse in Buffalo Grove, ILL.
rScotty

I'm pretty sure they will just refer you to one of their dealers. BTW, they are now located in Adairsville, Ga. (near Atlanta, as is everything else in Ga.)

/ Heating the Hydraulic Oil #7  
rScotty

I'm just going into the first winter and haven't really run it in the cold cold yet, but I'm guessing I'll be looking for one very soon! $40 would be sweet!

/ Heating the Hydraulic Oil #8  
I just purchased a new trany heater this year I believe it was from Hoye. It is 1000W. Keep in mind that between the block heater and the trany yor burning