Hard Cab -Sims vs. Curtis

/ Hard Cab -Sims vs. Curtis #1  

Red Horse

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 655ZTrak, Deere 4720 Cab, 400 X LT 155
well guys this winter is getting to this old guy. My 3320/300cx is a great snow machine but I've had it with the icicles on my eyeglass frames. Looking at the Sims cab vs. the Curtis, any strong opinions out there?

the Sim s site lists pricing so a base cab $2165, plus filler -$161 and steel doors -$1849 makes for a pricey total of $4175. I have no idea what the Curtis lists for.

Any thoughts??

/ Hard Cab -Sims vs. Curtis #2  
I expect you will find the Curtis comparably priced. They get very pricey once you add up the 'options' (requirements for most of us...... like a heater :confused: ).

For me, I ended up not being able to justify the price of the aftermarket cabs. When you factor in quality, comfort, sound level, resale value, the factory cabs end up being very affordable in comparison. This might be different where a factory cab can't be an option. Perhaps not the opinion you were looking for......... but have you given any thought to selling / trading up to the same tractor with the factory cab?

/ Hard Cab -Sims vs. Curtis
D'tape,
Yes! You are right- assuming you are looking at over 4000 for barebones (wiper, solid doors, No heat) all of a sudden you say -hey for another2500/3000 can I get a factory cab that is tight, has heat, AC and a lot more resale value. I think I might end up looking at the factory canopy that attaches to the ROP. At least you keep the direct snow/sleet off of you. Here in central MA (Bolton) it is sleeting right now. Yesterday was straight snow but by the time I was done my Carhartts were covered with snow and starting to get wet!

The one thing I don't like about the factory cab is I go in the woods a lot and replacing flat glass is one thing- replacing that curved glass is another$$$.

/ Hard Cab -Sims vs. Curtis #4  
Well, shopping for a Curtis / Sims is what got me to buy my factory cabbed tractor. When adding the options I thought should be included, I was within about a grand of what the B3030 factory cab option was. By the time you factor in the fit/finish, A/C, resale, etc , I could no longer justify the aftermarket cab. Like I said..... different story for those who simply have no other option. Long term....... I think with a 3320, you'd be happier spending the difference on the factory cabbed version. An ROPS mounted canopy can only be a big improvement in this weather !

/ Hard Cab -Sims vs. Curtis #5  
well guys this winter is getting to this old guy. My 3320/300cx is a great snow machine but I've had it with the icicles on my eyeglass frames. Looking at the Sims cab vs. the Curtis, any strong opinions out there?

the Sim s site lists pricing so a base cab $2165, plus filler -$161 and steel doors -$1849 makes for a pricey total of $4175. I have no idea what the Curtis lists for.

Any thoughts??

I purchased a Bercomac Cab. Easy to install and use magnets to keep the sides from allowing cold air to enter along with a 12 volt heater off of Ebay to provide some warmth. Works well together and cost less than 600 dollars! I have seen a site Jims Repair selling them for 475 shipping included. The heater on ebay is called a utv heater, 300 watt. Just my 2 cents:D

Well, shopping for a Curtis / Sims is what got me to buy my factory cabbed tractor. When adding the options I thought should be included, I was within about a grand of what the B3030 factory cab option was. By the time you factor in the fit/finish, A/C, resale, etc , I could no longer justify the aftermarket cab. Like I said..... different story for those who simply have no other option. Long term....... I think with a 3320, you'd be happier spending the difference on the factory cabbed version. An ROPS mounted canopy can only be a big improvement in this weather !

10-4 on that-well I've delayed long enough-might as well go out now before the temp drops any more.

I purchased a Bercomac Cab. Easy to install and use magnets to keep the sides from allowing cold air to enter along with a 12 volt heater off of Ebay to provide some warmth. Works well together and cost less than 600 dollars! I have seen a site Jims Repair selling them for 475 shipping included. The heater on ebay is called a utv heater, 300 watt. Just my 2 cents:D

Thx BP-I'll see if they have a website- later after I freeze my butt one more time-good motivation.

/ Hard Cab -Sims vs. Curtis #8  

Any thoughts??

I have a curtis hard sided cap on my 2305 that cost 3700.00 installed with a heater 2 years ago, I am trading my tractor in or selling it outright this spring for a 2520 and was told by two different dealers the same cab setup would be 4000.00,they haven't gone up much and I wouldn't think it would be much more for the 3320.

I have a curtis hard sided cap on my 2305 that cost 3700.00 installed with a heater 2 years ago, I am trading my tractor in or selling it outright this spring for a 2520 and was told by two different dealers the same cab setup would be 4000.00,they haven't gone up much and I wouldn't think it would be much more for the 3320.

Thx- Oswego?? you need a 4720! With about 30" on the ground here, I was thinking of you "upstate" guys today.