GTX 2154 Problems

/ GTX 2154 Problems #1  

DT86

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota
2014 Cub Cadet GTX 2154, 180 hours.

My buddy had traded for it and didn't need it. I've been wanting a new mower so he left it for me to keep or sell for him. It mows really nice but is way too big for my yard so I posted it for sale. A guy shows up to try it out and this thing has made me look like an idiot.

The electric deck lift will not go down, when parked it was left all the way up. It worked fine yesterday. The mechanism makes a noise when you push the lift button, the same as it always would when the deck reaches its upper height limit. The position lever still has tension on it when the deck is "lowered" (can not be moved) and is free when "up".

Any body have any experience with these?

Last edited:
   / GTX 2154 Problems
Thought I'd follow up to help others in the future.

It was a stupid relay on the fire wall. There is one for up and another for down. It still made an audible click when the down button was pressed but for some reason failed to work. $20 at Autozone and I'm back in business. Easy fix but it cost me the sale, guy went and bought another instead.

/ GTX 2154 Problems #3  
Tough luck, but good that you were able to analyze the problem and come up with a ease fix.