grubbing with mini excavator

/ grubbing with mini excavator
Feel free to copy it , your dimensions would be correct . I have since sold it so can't check . It really was a handy tool , it could also dig a hole , grub out rocks and backfill root ball holes left after the tree was removed . Check out Ebay for 12E Cat scarrifier tynes , they have replaceable boots so your not wearing the tynes down .

Thank you! If I build one, I'll post the final product.

/ grubbing with mini excavator #22  
If i were to build another , i would add a couple of features . One would be to use Bisalloy 80 for the top plate , about 1 1/8" thick . I would have it profile cut to include a serrated tree pusher on it's front edge and a pinch point on it's left side for pulling out small trees . It would have a pair of tapers at it's opening so the tree could not slip out sideways . The opening would be about 41/2"X41/2" square . To use it you would slew to the left to engage the tree and then crowd in to pinch the tree between the ears and then lift up to pull the tree up . Please excuse my scrawled drawing which is back to front now i look at it , the pinch point should be on the cab side of the digger so you can see it .

/ grubbing with mini excavator
Excellent ideas. These features should make grubbing my trees a piece of cake.
Many thanks your insight Iron Horse! You should open a custom tool business :D