Great lake boats, a good video

/ Great lake boats, a good video #1,262  
Draw bridge in St. Joseph, MI today. We were first in line, so I took a picture. Just a little sail boat went under. But they open for all that need it.

A6313B8B-A031-4EA1-9A50-F66F6D4D0799.jpeg

/ Great lake boats, a good video
#1,264  
Yesterday was a big day at the Gorby household as the James R Barker from the Interlake Steamship Company arrived here in Sault Ste Marie for the first time this season!

You may recall, last season Follower Chris Gorby sent us some photos os his son Waylon and the JRB ship they made for a school contest Waylon participated it... He was one of the winners and got a new bike among other things! As you may guess, the JRB is Waylon's favorite ship and there she is in the background on their tv as they watch her on the Sault Ste marie Streamlive cam, in the upper lock canal approaching West Pier after she locked through... Captain Newland is not aboard right now he's away with his daughter for her Spring Break but it won't be long and he will return and we'll hear that masterful #BarkerBark again! So get ready Waylon it's coming before you know it!!
😉
337547142_733117558274760_6693820130019438904_n.jpg

#1,265  
On March 30th as blue hour was settling in yesterday evening in Duluth MN, the James R Barker and Baie Comeau made their way through the icy harbor. The JRB departed with a load of iron ore while Baie Comeau left empty and anchored just outside the canal while she waits for her turn at BNSF in Superior. A perfect amount of daylight remained to see the lights aboard both ships!
338929402_615677676647709_2400116248342080314_n.jpg

/ Great lake boats, a good video #1,267  
That light(s) makes for a cool effect!

I used to have relatives that live in Ludington. Luddites from Ludington, never got old, at least for me. 🙃

#1,268  
This is the Mesabi Miner after they just went past Pointe Louise this afternoon on their way to Two Harbors… Our resident Photog from the Pointe Captain Graham Grattan got this shot and sent to me so you just had to know I was going to share!! He said he had to yell at the deer to get in the shot!
😆
😛
😉
🦌
🚢
Fabulous shot Captain thanks for capturing it and sending it along!

Big hello to our friend Sissy Payment as well!! She is the Chief Steward (also known as the Chief Cook or Chef) and is out there until July so we need to make sure to send her some love!! That’s a long time to be sailing! Stay safe out there Sissy!!
339850266_153980410640692_8348099289168292010_n.jpg

#1,269  
Nice video of the Indiana Harbor leaving Duluth and trivia; I didn't know she has the largest hold on the lakes and holds the record cargo at 76,000 tons.

/ Great lake boats, a good video #1,270  
That light(s) makes for a cool effect!

I used to have relatives that live in Ludington. Luddites from Ludington, never got old, at least for me. 🙃
My wife and I usually hit the state park in Ludington at least once a year. Great beaches, good salmon/trout fishing, nice hiking, and you can go up in a lighthouse, too.

You can also catch the car ferry, SS Badger, that goes over to Wisconsin.