Grapple

/ Grapple #1  

Swblack1216

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti ck25, Ford 4500
Look at buying this grapple . I want to add to my CK 25 coyote I do not have third function, and all I have at rear is PTO and three-point line. What else will I need besides the control box pictured? I am also thinking of purchasing skid steer, adapter, and having the plate welded on that graplease. all opinions appreciate it TIA.
IMG_1504.png

/ Grapple #2  
If you will use it a lot, maybe a good time to consider adding a rear set or front set of remotes. It’ll cost you a bit, but in the end, you’ll enjoy your time using it a lot more, too

/ Grapple #3  
Do you know the weight?
How much is it?

Those answers will tell whether its worth all the work to adapt it and get a 3rd function plumbed.

/ Grapple #4  
So the valve on the ground comes with it... You'll need to know if your hydraulic system uses "Power Beyond". Does your FEL use 3 hoses in addition to the 4 lines use to lift and curl your bucket? ...or is it just 2? (sorry don't know your model)

Then you'll need to find out if the Valve on the ground is set up for power beyond (has a PB plug inside the unit). Find out what make is the valve. It looks like a summit brand valve...

Reply back and we can go from there... It's similar to what I have where I use one for the grapple and the other two hydraulic valve for top-N-Tilt in the rear.

/ Grapple #5  
If he replaces his valve body with the one on the ground, would he even need power-beyond? At $650, personally I would buy it and put a SSQA plate on it! But I would use a grapple a whole lot more with having a sawmill and doing logging.

/ Grapple #7  
It less likely that, that valve has Float but not everyone needs float for the FEL, so yes, he could replace it and have his old valve as a spare...
Definitely not dis'n you. Just my curiosity. I didn't think about the 'float' feature.

/ Grapple
If you will use it a lot, maybe a good time to consider adding a rear set or front set of remotes. It’ll cost you a bit, but in the end, you’ll enjoy your time using it a lot more, too
Next year's project for now. I just bought some forks for my Ford 4500 industrial. Thanks