grapple time

/ grapple time #21  
Thinking that the EA wicked grapple is 55" and smokeydogs response I went on line and ordered the Homestead Implements 55" grapple. I was worried about the price increasing as other things have so I went ahead with the order. Now the wait.........

Nothing beats that first smile when you grapple your first load!
There are several options now for bolt on grill guards reinforcements. Some shown on OTT from custom fabricators. DIY or take your guard to a weld shop. I’ve done simple,
IMG_1625.JPG

To heavy duty.
IMG_2017.JPG

You have time while you wait for the grapple to get this done. Be careful propping or removing your FEL while working on your grill. You have the 3rd function figured out? Many happy returns.

/ grapple time #22  
No grapple experience but there was a time on TBN toothbars were all the rage and I sure have used mine a lot!

Maybe the BX is too small to max utilization of a grapple?
Not at all! I have a BX25D. Last summer I installed a 3rd function kit and put an Add a Grapple on the stock bucket. I have for a long time had a Piranha toothbar on the bucket. I am constantly delighted at how much more I can accomplish with this combination. I work in the woods a lot, and move a lot of logs, limbs, and brush. Here in western Washington, it's a perpetual fight to keep the property from returning to jungle, and the combination of grapple lid and bucket turns out to be ideal for picking up and moving mixed loads of soil, brush, leaves, and half-rotten logs. It even helps tear out and move stumps, once the backhoe has done the heavy digging and prying.
I'm not sure what ultrarunner means by "max utilization". Everything the BX does has to be proportional to its size and power. Naturally, the grapple is also sized for the BX.

/ grapple time #23  
Smokeydog, nice guards........ I plan on taking the existing grill guard to a local metal fabrication shop for them to modify. As far as the 3rd function valve, last Sunday I purchased the valve kit from Rural King specifically made for my tractor by TYM which produces the RK brand. The kit comes complete with all fittings, new joystick, hydraulic hoses and steel lines all made to length for my loaded. Did get notification this morning that the expected ship date is 1/24/2022. They said that the upcoming holidays added about a week to the date. Only been one day and already getting excited.........

/ grapple time #24  
Thinking that the EA wicked grapple is 55" and smokeydogs response I went on line and ordered the Homestead Implements 55" grapple. I was worried about the price increasing as other things have so I went ahead with the order. Now the wait.........

FWIW, my Homestead grapple shipped this week, ordered on 10/11 (so ~7 weeks). Sadly, I'm still waiting for the tractor to come in!

/ grapple time #25  
Cool beans! I like RK but don’t have much knowledge about their tractors. They look good and beefy and much cheaper than Big Orange. Hopefully you will have the guard and 3rd function done when your grapple arrives. Some have needed some extra skid plates to protect 3rd function and tractor filters. Tire and 3pt ballast a must for me. 3pt being a heavy implement.
One step at a time. Enjoy!

/ grapple time #26  
FWIW, my Homestead grapple shipped this week, ordered on 10/11 (so ~7 weeks). Sadly, I'm still waiting for the tractor to come in!
I got an email from them Aug 24th, sounds like that fixed the weak spot on the top lid that a few of us complained about.

/ grapple time #27  
The BX struggles at the WA property because it is more jungle...

The added weight of the grapple has to negatively impact loader lift capacity...

The BX23 performs miracles using every bit of capacity as is.

/ grapple time #28  
I got an email from them Aug 24th, sounds like that fixed the weak spot on the top lid that a few of us complained about.

Did they give any details? Has the tubing on the top lid been re-inforced or made thicker?

I don't expect that to be a factor for me, but I'll never argue against an tool/implement being made more robust!

/ grapple time #29  
Did they give any details? Has the tubing on the top lid been re-inforced or made thicker?

As the world continues to navigate unprecedented interruptions in the global supply chain, Homestead Implements is not immune to challenges. A critical portion of our popular Pinnacle Series Grapple design became progressively more difficult and more expensive to purchase through supply chain interruptions. To avoid delaying orders further, we tasked our engineering and purchasing departments with finding a replacement part, and they delivered!

Little did we know, a stronger, more robust, and more heavy-duty implement would be the final result! The new, 7/32" thick schedule 80 super heavy-duty piping for the top lid of our grapple provides a tangible increase in functionality and strength while adding minimal weight to the bottom line. Lift boulders, limbs, tree trunks, and more with no visible flex in the top lid. The Hardox 450 steel teeth provide superior resistance to wear and tear with impressive grip strength.

/ grapple time #30  
Smokydog - NICE job on the grill guard. It might seem to be a bit over the top. That's until the day you pick limbs, brush, etc out of the guard.