Grapple question

/ Grapple question #21  
I agree with Travis here. There is no way I would get a 900 lb grapple for a 3500lb machine. My machine is 8500 bare and I still think 900 is pretty hefty (mine is 922). Stick in the 500 lb range.

I would certainly not even consider putting that sort of grapple weight on my 7700 lb. Kubota L48 TLB.

/ Grapple question #22  
Thanks for the responses. I too thought that the 900 lbs was way over the top. I have a small 1/2 acre patch of land across a canal at the back of my pasture that is over grown with brush, grape vines and some saw palmettos. My intention is to go in and clean that area up so I can get in there to fence it in for my horses. It's so thick now that you can't even walk through it. I'll continue to read reviews and follow listing of the smaller and lighter grapples. Thanks again.........Don

I sent you a PM.

/ Grapple question #23  
   / Grapple question #24  
Better frame that expanded metal in with some angle before it cuts somebody to shreds.

Shaped, painted, and added pinchwelt to it Grill Guard Done.jpg

/ Grapple question #25  
Very Nice !

/ Grapple question #26  
That guard/shield really looks sharp! Would you share some dimensions so I can build something similar? My RK 55 purchase is still a ways off, but I'm trying to plan ahead. Which grapple did you get, I think I missed it in the threads? Thanks very much.

/ Grapple question #27  
This is Mike from Outdoors with the Morgans, I agree with the others 900lbs would be too much for the 37. I have run the RK 37 now for about two years with the 72" Granite Grapple and it works fantastic. I use it for rooting out invasive scrub, carrying brush piles to burn pits, carrying logs (lots of logs) and use it to load logs on the sawmill and even carrying lumber from the mill to where I sticker and stack the lumber. I can't tell you its the best grapple out there because I haven't used them all, how would I know? But I will say I am very pleased with the granite grapple. Either the 72" or 60" would work well on the 37. On thing in particular that sort of stands out on the granite grapple compared to many others is the design of the bottom teeth, the are very heavy duty and designed flat, not curved. What this allows me to do is also use the grapple as short forks along with as a grapple. This comes in very handy when picking one log out of a pile. You can go in and lift one log up back away from pile then close the top. Its difficult to do that with some of the others because you have to close the lid to get ahold of something. Also the flat teeth work well for stacking lumber on, I can load it up with boards from the mill then close the top and carry them to where I stack.

/ Grapple question #28  
This is Mike from Outdoors with the Morgans
Hi Mike! Welcome to TBN. Great to have the participation of someone who has the "company ear" of RK. We have had official RK participation with other RKTractor officials, like Doug and Brian, but they seem to leave their jobs once they committed to the TBN forums. I'm sure you are familiar with comments on public forums - requires a "thick skin" - so don't give up on us and keep coming back!
Peace,
Mark

/ Grapple question #29  
Hi Mike! Welcome to TBN.
Peace,
Mark
Mike - Saw the RK tractors on "The Morgans" at the time I was considering a RK37 shuttle shift, and was encouraged by your experiences with the RKs.
Have owned the RK37S for a year, and have had 230 happy hours mowing between rows of Christmas trees, moving dirt, maintaining a driveway, and chipping trees and brush. Really like the RKS. Dave

/ Grapple question
Wow, hi Mike and welcome to the forum. Glad to see you join. Don't know if you just started here or if you have been viewing as a guest for a while. There's lots good information along with some concerns and lots of questions not only in the RK area but in the general area too. The questions now are more or less being answered by tractor owners of all brands rather than RK technicians now that Doug and Brian have departed. A lot of the questions concerning how's the performance of the RK's doing different task would probably be right up your alley if you decide to participate. I have watched many of your videos and they are always inspiring. Living in flat central Florida with nothing but orange and peach trees there isn't much logging or cutting of firewood going on but the videos sure make you think, "Man, that would be fun". Again, welcome.