Grapple (mytractortools.com)

/ Grapple (mytractortools.com) #21  
Green - yes. That picture( post #13) was taken on July 3. Same area - August 18.

IMG_0184.jpeg

/ Grapple (mytractortools.com)
A grapple would have been a BIG help when we burned wood. Raise that trunk up off the ground and not cut so darn much dirt. In this part of the world everything is still packed with volcanic ash. 1980 - Mt St Helens. I fall a large pine due to Pine Bark beetle - leaves a vapor trail of volcanic ash when it falls. My undisturbed meadows still have a two inch layer of ash - very near the surface.

I've found that a really wide grapple is unnecessary when gathering up brush, limbs, vines, etc. It all kind of gathers up and the grapple holds it all together. My Land Pride grapple is 60" wide. That rock & root grapple from mytractortools would probably serve just as well. At 100# it's sure a heck of a lot lighter.
Jery said it it wasn't really for brush but i will certainly use it for that. there is so much created when cutting up a tree. This will be a slick way to move the debris. Also much quicker than using my forks. To avoid getting into dirt with my saw. Once a year Ill rent a mine excavator. Use that to pick up the fallen tree and cut them up into 10-15ft logs. Take them back to my stoned area. Where i have a log cutting frame to put them in. It serves two purposes. Keeps the log elevated so im not spending a ton of energy bending over and makes ease of cutting the log. Once i get this grapple ill most likely use it instead of the frame.

/ Grapple (mytractortools.com) #23  
At just 100# for the rock and brush grapple - it's a most interesting implement. My Land Pride grapple is 820# of A400 steel. It allows me to lift - with great care - loads up to 3000#. I seldom lift loads this heavy. If I do - the lift is kept so close to the ground - it leaves knuckle drag marks in the dirt. Most of my lifting is in the 2000# to 2400# range. Large rocks and chunks of pine tree trunk.
View attachment 779075
That grapple would look interesting on his little Massey.

/ Grapple (mytractortools.com) #25  
Hey gang

I have the (Massey) 1705 i purchased new in 2016. I ended up getting the quick attach for my tractor with the forks from mytractortools.com. its been a great purchase. Im looking to get his grapple for my machine and was wondering if anyone here had it. If they liked it. Ease of install and so on. I sent him an email end of the week last week about pricing. I may just call him. Looks like he maybe trying to sell his business.
I had my Massey dealer put a 48 inch CID grapple on my Massey GC 1723 and I love it. The grapple with the quick change bucket is the best thing I ever bought for my tractor

/ Grapple (mytractortools.com)
I had my Massey dealer put a 48 inch CID grapple on my Massey GC 1723 and I love it. The grapple with the quick change bucket is the best thing I ever bought for my tractor
those look nice.

You are absolutely correct that the Quick attach is a must have. Jery's quick attach (tach n go) comes with the ability to allow you to put a hitch recoverer into the quick attach. It allows me to move my trailer with my tractor. Its ease of use rather than using my pickup to move it on property. His grapple is only 70lbs as well. Im looking forward to it

/ Grapple (mytractortools.com) #27  
those look nice.

You are absolutely correct that the Quick attach is a must have. Jery's quick attach (tach n go) comes with the ability to allow you to put a hitch recoverer into the quick attach. It allows me to move my trailer with my tractor. Its ease of use rather than using my pickup to move it on property. His grapple is only 70lbs as well. Im looking forward to it
Nice. I wish I had that feature to put boats down the ramp to the water.

/ Grapple (mytractortools.com) #29  

Attachments

• in for the grab.JPG
    in for the grab.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 65
  • Little Massey brush pile.JPG
    Little Massey brush pile.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 66