Grandson Certified Welder

/ Grandson Certified Welder #21  
He's been Commercial Welding for 2 1/2 years.

Actually his first taste was in the Vocational School at his High School. I was a bit surprised he gravitated to it. But after seeing his natural talent it made sense. I can't take any credit for it. :)

I have another family member who is currently attending the same school Dylan did. She'll graduate in a couple months. She's a beautiful young woman and I never thought she'd want to be a Welder. She too was introduced to it at the Vo Tech school where Dylan learned. I look forward to having those two together at a family gathering and listen to them talk. Maybe we can get a contest going. :)
Man, that's great about the grandson and the girl you're talking about up there! Yeh I've been hearing about girls getting into welding, it's pretty rad!

/ Grandson Certified Welder #22  
Welds look awesome! Is there a respirator or something under the mask? Some of the craziest older people I know are ex welders, right behind auto body/car painters🤣 I think it has something to do with the fumes.....

/ Grandson Certified Welder #24  
I'm not certified but I'm satisfied. My friends son was working there too I'm thinking.

/ Grandson Certified Welder #25  
Easy to stay employed. Being an A+ welder when you are a sprout moves a guy up the food chain fast.

/ Grandson Certified Welder #26  
A lot of people like to think they personally know the worlds greatest welder but the best are these young guys like him. 2 1/2 years is just right to get a groove on. There were a bunch of whiz types at the nuke, some barely shave but they couldnt do much else. As you said, some guys get good from sheer practice, some have talent. One of the best I ever work with was a 23 yr old Jamacian had spent 3 yrs or so in a ship yard and was moving up the food chain to Ironwork and I aint sure where and who is the best but he so smooth it was absolutely effortless.

/ Grandson Certified Welder
A lot of people like to think they personally know the worlds greatest welder but the best are these young guys like him. 2 1/2 years is just right to get a groove on. There were a bunch of whiz types at the nuke, some barely shave but they couldnt do much else. As you said, some guys get good from sheer practice, some have talent. One of the best I ever work with was a 23 yr old Jamacian had spent 3 yrs or so in a ship yard and was moving up the food chain to Ironwork and I aint sure where and who is the best but he so smooth it was absolutely effortless.
I agree. Youthfulness is an asset in a lot of specialized trades. Just hard for us older guys to fully appreciate it. :)

/ Grandson Certified Welder #28  
Top Notch !!! Kudos to both of you !

/ Grandson Certified Welder #29  
That is a pretty bead, and you are a lucky guy. My kid is a computer geek like I was, of very little value to me on the farm:)

/ Grandson Certified Welder #30  
Great trade to be in, you are right to be proud of this young man.