Grandson Certified Welder

/ Grandson Certified Welder #11  
Congrats;great trade;I was a certified welder/pipefitter also for 40+years.Only thing that is a young man's job,eyes and body fails later in life.It was great for me,was a supervisor towards the end.

/ Grandson Certified Welder #12  
That sir is a beautiful weld 😳. Kudos to the smart decisions these young people are making to forgo 4-years of college and instead, go the vocational route. Our youngest at 22 will finish his 5 year apprenticeship next year as a fire sprinkler fitter, kid already makes 80% of my current wage.

/ Grandson Certified Welder #13  
Get done with that battery plant and someone is going to be building a new electric truck plant someplace. Supposedly Georgia and Texas in the mix for that new plant. I guess maybe new battery demands. Kind of wonder what we run out of first, fossil fuels or exotic metals to make batteries.

Fine looking welds there that I could dream of doing a 1/4 as good. Then again my welder gets fired up a few times a year. Kudos to the grandkids for finding a trade they excel in.

/ Grandson Certified Welder #14  
Public schools around here have been eliminating vocational classes. I believe some kids find inspiration in vocational they would never find otherwise.

/ Grandson Certified Welder #15  
Congrats to your grandson. (y)

/ Grandson Certified Welder #16  
Picture Perfect. Very nice - love talent in the trades. I would be proud also. Good for him - good for you.

/ Grandson Certified Welder
Get done with that battery plant and someone is going to be building a new electric truck plant someplace. Supposedly Georgia and Texas in the mix for that new plant. I guess maybe new battery demands. Kind of wonder what we run out of first, fossil fuels or exotic metals to make batteries.

Fine looking welds there that I could dream of doing a 1/4 as good. Then again my welder gets fired up a few times a year. Kudos to the grandkids for finding a trade they excel in.
I'm betting on products to make the batteries!!!!

Public schools around here have been eliminating vocational classes. I believe some kids find inspiration in vocational they would never find otherwise.
Our Vo Tech portion has all it's classes full every year. We are rural with little job opportunities. The program has been in place here for 30 years. Very productive and helpful for the kids that don't fit the college mold.

/ Grandson Certified Welder #19  
Is there a reason for it (or is it just me who couldn't weld two match-sticks together) or is there some irony/humor in the 'no smoking' sticker on his helmet??

In part, a serious question, in part I'm guessing it's a sense of humor??? (is it safety related somehow?)

Those are pretty welds!

Is there a reason for it (or is it just me who couldn't weld two match-sticks together) or is there some irony/humor in the 'no smoking' sticker on his helmet??

In part, a serious question, in part I'm guessing it's a sense of humor??? (is it safety related somehow?)

Those are pretty welds!
Absolute comedy. And the pic confirms it with smoke curling about his helmet with the sign in the background. It's a great pic displaying the complexity of welding in situations like this. Then the clencher is the sticker. :)