Grandpa, tell me bout the good ole days............

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Grandpa, tell me bout the good ole days............ #21  
When we were building our house here I was visiting with my large farmer friend about the build. He said "where are you going to go to escape when you move to the farm?" I had no idea how prophetic that question was......

Funny, my parents had a similar conversation years ago. Mom asked if he wanted to move to the farm (2 miles) when they retired. My dad responded,, Then where would we have to go? Heck, it was his hideout for a few hours of peace and quiet a couple of times a day.

/ Grandpa, tell me bout the good ole days............ #22  
She: What did you do today?

He: Drove around on the tractor.

She: What else?

He. Nothing, just drove around.

She: Well what were your feelings about that?

He: (to himself .... I have a backhoe)

She: And what would you say is your take away from all this?

He : I will still have my tractor after my ex wife is less than a distant memory.

/ Grandpa, tell me bout the good ole days............ #23  
And yet here we are.

Not trying to be nosy. Just curious. So just what is the status in that regard or is your friend痴 question even an issue ?

Terry says I'm an isolationist. I think I'm just picky. I am very comfortable with myself. If I'm busy all day and without contact it doesn't bother me. I enjoy coming on here and visiting with my friends such as yourself. I'm getting ready to go to my Son's shop this afternoon so you'll lose me for awhile.

Terry also fully accepts the shop as a place I prefer to be. I rarely spend any time in the house except to eat, shower and sleep. I easily spend more than half the day outside the house. She comes out here 2-3 times a day with a project she needs help with or more likely just to check on me. She knows who you are and has saw your shop, house, surroundings same as I have. She says you might be the only man she's ever saw as tidy as she is.

So, in a way it's an issue. If I want to make sure I'm isolated I go to the timber and work. Or sometimes just to sit under the trees and listen to the World whisper by. We've got 150 acres here for me to roam on so I don't feel stifled.

I prefer living here on the farm because I don't have to drive to get the enjoyment of it. I sometimes go 3 or 4 days without leaving the property. We are 10 miles from the County Seat where we have to go for almost everything. That's a comfortable distance.

I am here alone today because Terry went to do some holiday baking at her friend's house.

It's all good and I'm very Blessed.

/ Grandpa, tell me bout the good ole days............ #24  
   / Grandpa, tell me bout the good ole days............ #25  
As am I. Thank you for the reply my friend.

No worries Terry. Now I gotta get out of here and go play, I mean work with the boys in their shops!!! :cool:

/ Grandpa, tell me bout the good ole days............
It was just 10 years ago I called Sears Friday night 5-ish, thet said come right we can have tires on by 7pm, again I called VIP Sat morning, they said show up by 2pm we'll have tires on for you, dont give me that stand around down time, seem so 1 out of 5 places today one should've been able to put tires on for me by 3pm, shouldn't have to wait til next weekend.

Probably the best good ole days was in the 50s and 60s, right now any year is better then right now, I need a DeLorean.......

/ Grandpa, tell me bout the good ole days............
I was going to Houlton a month or so ago and decided to see of I could get tires. It was bout 6:30 Saturday AM, before VIP opened so I went to their website, picked out my tires, made an appointment for 9:00AM and headed up. When I got there they didn't have a clue what I was talking about yet they got me in, nd by 10:30 I was headed down the road with 4 brandy new tires on.

Tires are the only thing I will but from that chain, BTW.

Tires is all they sell now isn't it? Oriellys took over the parts side, oil, filters etc..........

/ Grandpa, tell me bout the good ole days............ #28  
About a month or so ago i replaced the front 2 tires on my tractor... after getting 2 flats in as many days. The dealer had to search entire state for a set of tires, ended up having to get them from Seattle. Said they were the last 2 in the warehouse. Supplies are scary low. And prices going thru roof. Heck, 3/4 pve electric pipe just reached $1.48 per foot for sch 80. It cost $0.30 this time last year. But according to govt, there is no inflation.

I needed 200 feet of the pipe. Home depot and lowes were out of stock. Had to go to supply house that always overprice conduit, but at least they had it. Wholesale house my butt.

/ Grandpa, tell me bout the good ole days............ #30  
It was just 10 years ago I called Sears Friday night 5-ish, thet said come right we can have tires on by 7pm, again I called VIP Sat morning, they said show up by 2pm we'll have tires on for you, dont give me that stand around down time, seem so 1 out of 5 places today one should've been able to put tires on for me by 3pm, shouldn't have to wait til next weekend.

Probably the best good ole days was in the 50s and 60s, right now any year is better then right now, I need a DeLorean.......

Tires is all they sell now isn't it? Oriellys took over the parts side, oil, filters etc..........

Same company as far as I'm concerned. O'Reilly, VIP, L&A Tire... they still sell the same junk as before. I've had good luck with their tires though. I used to buy a new set every year at about this time back when I was working for myself and driving 50K miles/year... on a couple occasions I did it at the start of a snow storm just to get the old skins off so that I could make it home. :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

NEW 10FT. (120IN.) SNOW PUSHER SNOW EQUIPMENT w/steel blade. (A34907)
NEW 10FT. (120IN.)...
7" MILWAKEE ANGLE GRINDER & SAWZALL (A34808)
7" MILWAKEE ANGLE...
Steel Winch Plate for John Deere 350G (A34302)
Steel Winch Plate...
2021 Mahindra 4550 MFWD Tractor and Loader (A33113)
2021 Mahindra 4550...
Case 1200 3-Point 6 Row Planter (A33113)
Case 1200 3-Point...
(16) JTS OF 1" SQUARE TUBING... (A34808)
(16) JTS OF 1"...