Gooseneck or bumper pull?

/ Gooseneck or bumper pull? #91  
Gooseneck.

One advantage, at least for me is the ability to drop my B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch into the gooseneck receiver (also B&W).

It's also easier to add the other one later down the road if needed. I also have a 16K tow bar on my truck.

/ Gooseneck or bumper pull? #94  
I can't find my paperwork for my B&W hitch. Best I can tell the GN ball is 3.5" ahead of axle center. This is on a 2002 SD Crew Cab short bed.
The longer the wheelbase the farther forward the ball needs to be. (Think of a lever.) 1" makes a big difference. I moved mine back 3/4" on my 6.5' bed and it was a little to much in the end so I have a little rear end sag.

/ Gooseneck or bumper pull? #95  
Which one is safer and more forgiving with respect to trailer load balancing?

Which one is easier to back up?

Looking at a 14-16k GVWR trailer.
The goose neck is definitely better for load balancing and road ability. For me, bumper pull is way better for backing up ease and precision. Goose neck will allow you to jacknife if that’s what you want to do.

/ Gooseneck or bumper pull? #96  
The goose neck is definitely better for load balancing and road ability. For me, bumper pull is way better for backing up ease and precision. Goose neck will allow you to jacknife if that’s what you want to do.
Also, the gooseneck will track inside your truck when pulling around a turn. Bumper pull will follow more in the truck’s wheel track.

/ Gooseneck or bumper pull? #98  
Just a little info stay below 26,000 GVW truck and trailer or you will end up getting a CDL driver's license people are starting to get popped. Definitely a gooseneck best of luck

/ Gooseneck or bumper pull? #99  
1. Goose neck hands down for being more forgiving on load placement.
2. Both are easy to back, IMO you can actually jack knife a goose neck and back it in a tighter spot , but a bumper pull will follow a pick-up better when pulling into a place.
Amen to that, also, unless using a GN for an RV/camper where the forward portion can house a bedroom etc., you will loose deck space per overall length vs. a conventional hitch trailer. Back-up maneuverability with GN is nearly unbelievable, but they will cheat much more on turns when going forward. Longer lighter trailers can benefit from a longer hitch (truck end), which helps towed rig follow the PU. Take a good look at the long tongue on logging trucks. The hitch (pivot) is essentially at the middle of the load. This allows them to make tight turns on logging roads.

/ Gooseneck or bumper pull? #100  
Just a little info stay below 26,000 GVW truck and trailer or you will end up getting a CDL driver's license people are starting to get popped. Definitely a gooseneck best of luck
Unless the trailer is under 10k, then the truck can be 26k.....meaning you can have 36k GCWR without a CDL