Good movies,,, well there are a few.......

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,131  
Anyone remember "The Music Man"? I thought it was a pretty good movie, although I haven't seen it in 30 years.

Last edited:
   / Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,133  
I watched Top Gun Maverick last night. Great sequel to the original. The renegade flight instructor role was surely inspired by the real life Col. John Boyd aka 40 second Boyd. Who, while instructing at the very same training base, claimed he could get on anybody's tail in 40 seconds and did. He was an infamous rebel, was the father of the design of the F15 and 16 and a consult to the pentagon on war tactics. His biography is a great read if you like underdogs.

Last edited:
   / Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,136  
Does anyone here watch The Chosen series? It’s best series I’ve ever watched.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,137  
   / Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,138  
Watched three movies this week. First, was on Netflix...entitled "Greenland". It was a movie about a huge meteor hitting earth, equivalent to the one that caused the extinction of the dinosaurs. Although it was fairly action packed, and good photography, the story was too contrived to suit me; I rated it

POOR

The next two were old movies, one entitled "Up the Down Staircase" starring Sandy Dennis and one starring Patrick Swayzee, entitled "Road House".

I rated both of them

"GOOD"

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,139  
I tried to watch Strangers on a train last night...a boring outdated Hitchcock flick, Rating >
POOR

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,140  
We recently got YouTube TV which has the TCM channel. I recently watched The Rack, which starred Paul Newman early in his career. I also watched the Grapes of Wrath and Cat On a Hot Tin Roof. All good movies but not great.