Good movies,,, well there are a few.......

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,142  
I tried to watch Strangers on a train last night...a boring outdated Hitchcock flick, Rating >
POOR

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,143  
The wife and I just watched the movie Fisherman's Friends and really enjoyed it.
The movie is based on a true story.
The Fisherman's Friends are a folk music group from Port Isaac, Cornwall, who sing sea shanties.
(Port Isaac, Cornwall is where the TV series Doc Martin was also filmed.)
Other good true story based movies are "The Phantom of the Open" and "The Duke".

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,144  
Anyone remember "The Music Man"? I thought it was a pretty good movie, although I haven't seen it in 30 years.

I watched it last week on HBO Max/TCM. It is still a good movie.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,145  
We just saw” Where The Crawdads Sing” on Netflix

We really enjoyed it!👍🏻

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,146  
I got 'Top Gun' the new one for free the other night. Watched it and....

It wasn't bad it was just 'flat'. No 'oomph'. It couldn't draw me into the movie or the characters.

In fact, if someone were to ask me what it was about, I swear -- I couldn't tell you. Moral dilemmas, I guess. I just don't remember.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,147  
I think I mentioned this previously but it is now streaming on several free channels like TUBI...

'Stand Up Guys'....very good movie with Al Pacino and Christopher Walken... (Alan Arkin may steal the show)they all play off each other wonderfully...
Listen close some of the dialog is wickedly funny...

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,148  
I love band of brothers. I can watch that series every day.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,149  
Amazingly enough, Blazing Saddles is currently being shown on OTA TV (LAFF channel). Of course, they bleeped out the profanities and racial slurs, but the story seemed to be pretty well intact.

I hadn't seen it since it was originally released, and I thought it was a goofy fun movie. If anyone is interested, it's scheduled for March 24th @ 8:00pm.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,150  
Amazingly enough, Blazing Saddles is currently being shown on OTA TV (LAFF channel). Of course, they bleeped out the profanities and racial slurs, but the story seemed to be pretty well intact.

I hadn't seen it since it was originally released, and I thought it was a goofy fun movie. If anyone is interested, it's scheduled for March 24th @ 8:00pm.
The first half is high power concentrated laughs. Unlike anything before or since. The profanities were funny and not at all offensive to any but boomeranged against the white settlers who spoke. I thought it fell apart at the end. Still, one of the best movies of all time.