Good movies,,, well there are a few.......

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1  

Oldpath05

Tractor
none
What ever happen to Randolph Scott ridding the trail along.................... Seem like Hollywood cant make any movie without RRRRRRR what is wrong with you people...... No wonder I like Roy Rogers Gene Audrey, John Wayne, what's next R rated Star Trek............

I just watched Pale Rider, my favorite Clint Eastward western, but Pale Rider is rated R and not sure why, at most it should be PG, it's almost like movies ratings are missed match sometimes.

I do like watching true story base movies like this one but why is it rated R, most likly bad language like FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF like it was in that digusting Patriots Day movie, wont watch that again either, maybe someone here can watch this movie first see what the R is for or needed.
THE LAST FULL MEASURE Official Trailer (2;)) Sebastian Stan, Samuel L. Jackson Drama Movie HD - YouTube

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #2  
This is a great off topic subject...
I did recently see the film you cite and it was good...graphic violence is often cited as the cause for MA or R ratings...

However my peeve is not so much with language etc it with what they call "artistic license" especially when depicting historical events etc...but one notable exception is with both the TV show and the movie 'Deadwood'...The writer claims that research dictated the use of certain dialog (ad nauseam). I simply fail to believe that the language that was depicted was typical for the times...

TFIC...At least thanks to the movies we now know for sure what happened to Jimmy Hoffa...:D

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #3  
Pale Rider parental guide lists a lot of the things as to why a movie gets it's ratings. Plug in your movie of choice and read what it says about the movie.

Parents Guide - IMDb

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #4  
However my peeve is not so much with language etc it with what they call "artistic license" especially when depicting historical events etc...

Read up on what historians say about 'The Alamo'.

I think a lot of movies today get the R based on graphic violence, which I don't find necessary. All of the spaghetti westerns were full of violence, but none of it was graphic. Look at other classic westerns like "The Magnificent Seven". There are a few scenes in 'Valdez Is Coming' that I don't care for, but they play a key role in his motivations later.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #5  
Is life without sex, violence, obscene language?

If one is looking for anything resembling real life in a movie it will be hard to escape these.

I've watched the entire Deadwood season twice. In that time the morning goal was to be alive that evening. Language and bravado were a mechanism to display strength.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #6  
I'm struggling to think of a current movie that I enjoyed. We canceled Netflix because there just wasn't anything that we rented from them that we would watch to the end. Then we started renting movies from the 40's to about the 60's and enjoyed some of them. Really liked having a plot and a story instead of special effects and never ending fight scenes.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #7  
I'm a fan of the TCM channel. Casablanca, African Queen, Maltese Falcon, etc, etc.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #8  
What I find really funny about depictions of life in the early west is the fact that more people died of illness from bad teeth and other types of infections than there were gunshot victims etc...

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #9  
I'm struggling to think of a current movie that I enjoyed. We canceled Netflix because there just wasn't anything that we rented from them that we would watch to the end. Then we started renting movies from the 40's to about the 60's and enjoyed some of them. Really liked having a plot and a story instead of special effects and never ending fight scenes.

Terry and I recently enjoyed "The Mule".

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #10  
This is a great off topic subject...
I did recently see the film you cite and it was good...graphic violence is often cited as the cause for MA or R ratings...

However my peeve is not so much with language etc it with what they call "artistic license" especially when depicting historical events etc...but one notable exception is with both the TV show and the movie 'Deadwood'...The writer claims that research dictated the use of certain dialog (ad nauseam). I simply fail to believe that the language that was depicted was typical for the times...

TFIC...At least thanks to the movies we now know for sure what happened to Jimmy Hoffa...:D

Holy expletives... You and I finally agree. I stopped watching Deadwood because I just couldn't get past the ridiculous language. Watch Justified, you will enjoy that.