Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,491  
54 high of 72 80s nex week maybe 90 I fear long hot summer. Don be pateient on the heat Texas will be cooking soon enough

Prayers for all silent or spoken our Country

/ Good morning!!!! #189,492  
Good morning! 74˚ heading to 80, S wind, cloudy 30% chance of rain which unless its at least 80% means nothing like yesterday, just a fine mist that did not register in/on either rain gauge.

Today I'll wash vehicles, maybe that will encourage rainfall.

Helo we also call it the "written" part of the drivers test. But I don't know how it is done in Texas now I got my license over 50 years ago. (Kyle would know) If we passed the written exam then we had an officer drive with us on a short drive and had to do the dreaded "parallel parking".
Back then Everyone was anxious to drive and get a license as soon as you turned 16, I even took a bus to downtown Houston to take drivers ed so the day I turned 16 I could take my test and drive my parents car. Drivers education consisted of so many hours of having an instructor ride with us and critique our driving and the car had a big "Student Drivers" sign on it. I have two nephews who had no desire to get their license at 16 and they finally got them at 18. Also back then my parents and most others did not buy your first vehicle you had to have a job and pay for it yourself, including Insurance. My first car was a new Ford Pinto hatchback (standard, no AC).

/ Good morning!!!! #189,493  
good morning all and welcome to the weekend.
mostly cloudy day, high of 61 with heat coming in tomorrow.
lots of planting planned for tomorrow

will be running a few errands this morning, then mowing the lawn

Buppies, my eyes itch even getting up. Washed my face well last night, that pollen gets everywhere
I have to take an allergy pill each morning. Inherited that I think from father, he had to get hayfever shots he had such
a strong reaction.

interesting story coming out of Baltimore school system, teacher used deepfake recording of principal to get him in trouble.
thankfully the techs tracked it back, figured out the IP, and nailed the guy. He won't be teaching anywhere for a while.
Always good to not assume the worst immediately. Pretty easy to fake stuff today.

I squirted off my car yesterday, went from yellow to blue, will probably do it today also.

Don, I'm surprised you got a potato. I thought they only formed after a flower appeared.
nice looking plants

/ Good morning!!!! #189,494  
26F partly cloudy sky low 60's for high.

Outside chores done E muffin time.
Plans for today...4 hours part store afternoon couple putter projects outside.

Enjoy the day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,496  
Don, I'm surprised you got a potato. I thought they only formed after a flower appeared.
nice looking plants
That has been my experience also and was surprised when the potatoes did not bloom by mid April. I did an internet search to find why my potatoes are not blooming. (no blooms has never happened before and I got my potatoes from the same place for the last 15 years) I found an article that some varieties do not bloom. The feed store must have changes suppliers.
Most of the plants have cracked bulges in the soil around the base of the plant indicating potatoes are forming and growing underground.

Now I'm just waiting for the foliage to turn yellow before the harvest, probably around mid May.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,497  
mid May for potatoes is amazing
July 1 in NC, new potatoes a little earlier
I'm not doing them here, they either grew poorly or got bugs

friend stopped by and dropped off about a hundred dug up/over propagated daffodils, and I got half planted yesterday.
will finish that today. Can't plant the veggies til tomorrow afternoon when we'll be having the proverbial heat wave

/ Good morning!!!! #189,498  
Good morning, the low is 44 and going to a high of 54°F. Wind ESE 14 gusting to 20 mph. Rain and possible T-storms.

Finished tank/fuel station is my avatar. Landing gear for the BH is just visible in the corner.

BH is still muddy from the stump removal the other day, so I will leave most of it outside and let the rain clean it. The stack pipe is under cover

The countdown is on to the end of my holidays. I will probably go down to the yard on the 26th of May. That will give me a week to get everything sorted. Truck loaded with all my possibles and the electronics sorted and passwords made.

My Dad never bought my first car. I did. Nor did I get his hand-me-downs, ever. But remember I was driving on the farm and joy riding in his 1947 Plymouths (without his knowledge). Passed my operators license two days after 16th birthday, wrote the license one day and booked my appointment for the road test for the next. That was in Oshawa, ON (about 40 miles east of Toronto.). The following Monday I had a shiny brand new Chauffeurs license in my hand. I got that in Oakville, ON. (About 40 miles west of Toronto, ON)
Ontario didn't go to the classified licensing system until 1974. Your employer had to certify that you had driven 'X' number of miles in 'Y' vehicle in order to get 'grandfathered' in on the class you wanted. That is how I got my class 'A' license.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #189,499  
Good day already !

Nice and sunny here. After week long heavy rains (snow) forecast says few warm days ahead. I believe (hope) all green will just explode

Today we have that silly motorcycle seasons opening ride

All spring maintenance was to inflate tires.
C1F627CF-CB19-4DF3-AFAA-55F6334F603B_1_105_c.jpeg

I went to gathering place, meet some friends there, had little chat. But didnt went for parade. Just dont like group rides
This is like 1/2 of all (TV tower in rear)
23456F1D-F47B-49D7-A5D9-0C1305A2C19B_1_105_c.jpeg

Somehow didnt see much young riders. I recall 20 years back biggest part of this gathering was young boys on sportbikes, making burnouts, hidden number plates etc.

Now I would say 2/3 of all motorcycles was those piano like chromed-black-lacquered old man's rides. (poorly hidden insults here :)))

Have a nice weekend !

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #189,500  
Good Morning,
Plant City, Fl. 64 to start going to 87 ! We are leaving around 9 or so for Sarasota/Bradenton airport to return the rental ! Then Uber to Anna Maria Island !

Don, congrats on your first potato!

Helo, motorcycle looks good in front of your shop !

Time to get moving, hope all have a great day ! 🙏