Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,901  
In my opinion, it’s hard to mess up a taco but velvetta, or stringy cheese will do it every time.
some folks think the only way to have a real Philly cheese steak is to use Velveeta.
how they can call that liquid plastic cheese is amazing. Cheese product?

good morning all
slept like a rock, amazed to wake up and see light streaming through the windows.

Scott, have fun in Florida.
Kyle, those kinds of degrees work well for marketing and sales, not for making things
Then you can get a job at Google and help them spy on us better. :rolleyes:

the weather today should be awesome. Warm and less windy. High in low 70's.

my brother is picking up his 14 year old grandson and bringing him over this morning
so young man can make a planter of flowers for his Mother for Mothers Day. I saved one each of 5
different kinds of daisies to make the planter. Am pretty sure brother will take his Corvette today since it's so nice out.
His wealth manager son has two Ferraris and a V12 Jag in his barn, and his son this young man already has that 1950 F1 p/u my brother gave him.
Rather prematurely I think...but this is how he bonds with his grandson, they talk cars.

My brother and I were given nothing/zero/nada when it came to cars from my parents. We had to earn and save to buy one.
Dad paid for the insurance, he wanted control over that. But the car, gas, repairs were on us. So as kids we always worked, every weekend, every summer, always something to save for.

if he wasn't such a nice kid and incredibly polite I would worry about my nephew's son. Lot of opportunity to be spoiled.
Spoiled usually doesn't end well. He is very mature for his age, so far so good.
I don't have kids but I can worry about them as their Uncle.

time to make an omelette.

hope you all have a peaceful Sunday

/ Good morning!!!! #188,902  
Good morning all!

35F going to 50F, Chance of a snow shower early am but I don't believe it.

Big news is momma goose has a nest right next to my barn. Either mom or dad are sitting on it 24/7. So in a few weeks I should have little goslings following mom around!

Everyone have a great day!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,903  
Good Morning,
Sound Beach, LI. 45 to start going to 59 !
Partly cloudy, but it looks like the wind stopped or slowed down !

Phil, beautiful work ! I really need to get going on those rockers I’m supposed to be building! Although we are leaving for Florida on another vacation on the 23rd of April !

he wasn't such a nice kid and incredibly polite I would worry about my nephew's son. Lot of opportunity to be spoiled.
Drew, I will read this quote to my wife “Nana”, who spoils the heck out of the Grand Kids ! 😉

Ferry ride back to Ct later today !

Hope all have a Blessed Sunday ! 🙏

/ Good morning!!!! #188,904  
. It's something to see a 80lb dog that would virtually eat a trespasser sit patiently trying to retain a treat with a toddlers arm in her mouth.

Reminds of seeing one of our kids brushing one of our Newfy’s teeth. The dog was easily 4 or 5 times the weight of the kid prying its mouth open. U

/ Good morning!!!! #188,905  
we decided to get a Labrador this time rather than a Chesapeake.
Congratulations on the upcoming bundle of energy.

My wife and I are slightly behind your schedule. After tragically losing our beloved Golden Retriever in December, we are now in contract for a new GR puppy. It is scheduled to be born around April 17.

We are looking forward to having a new puppy in our home, but I currently refer to it as:

"Countdown to chaos!" 😃

Hope we each get a great pup ...

/ Good morning!!!! #188,906  
Good morning, the low is 36 and going up to 45°F. Wind SSW 2 mph. Periods of rain.

I might try dodging the rain drops to get some rearranging done today. Junior (age 55) is the one outside in the rain hooking up chains and moving skids. I stay in the nice warm cab. I don't want him sick, so that is why I don't bother working him in the rain.

I am going to use the skid the oil tank came on to level out the area where I am putting the tank. The tank, V-plow and snow blower need to come out of the corner. The gravel needs to be leveled somewhat, then the skid can go back in cross-ways and the snow blower and V-plow can live on it and the tank will sit in front of them on 2x2' patio slabs. I will dig the hole for the two 4X4s 6' deep (4' is the frost line) and cement them in. I have 14 bags (66 lbs ea) of quickcrete coming for Monday afternoon. Probably way more than I need for the holes, but I have another project coming up for the rest of them.
Tuesday (the other sunny day we have this week), I will bore the holes for the threaded rod to hold the tops of the 4x4s together and mount the hose reel.

That is about it for me.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #188,907  
Good Morning.
It’s 52° and sunny with an expected high of 70.

Yesterday was a productive day, got the plasma cutter going and the calibrated it by drawing a 2” square with a 1” hole in it, then measuring what size it actually cut. It took 3 tries adjusting the kerf width in the CAM software to get it within .001”.

IMG_4139.jpg

Nice visit with the family, all three kids were there, grandson had a nice birthday.

Today I’ll spend some time trying to become proficient with Autocad Fusion 360, it’s going to take a while (I’m hoping only months), but it does seem to be a better choice than what I have been using, as the CAM is built into it and if I model stuff in 3D I can use other processes to create parts.

But it’s such a nice day, and too wet to do any outdoor chores, I think I need to point the little plane somewhere for lunch once I’m tired of Fusion.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,908  
Up for high today still breezy fire watch today. Grass needs mowed tree clean up etc but I doubt it too much other stuff. 80s most of week before another cool down next weekend

Good luck with puppies plowhog and wngsprd, nice work mpham

Prayers for all our Country

/ Good morning!!!! #188,909  
Morning all, 62 going to 73 and sunny.
Got mulch and pool stuff picked up.
Went with wife to buy small tree and look at what kind of bushes we will put up once neighbor builds house. Thinking Golden spire, they worked well at our last house and would probably get big enough here, and low maintenance.
But the deer here can't read and seem to eat stuff or at least try it no matter what.

Today see where we will place new little tree and dig hole, will go pick it up during the week.
Maybe walk dog, have to pick up sons tux for prom.

Buppies, we know it'll need more than just dropping new layers, I tried to get neighbor to get this started 2 years ago. They own the road, I am paying half, but they have not had the money.

Wngsprd - new puppy time ! Looking forward to pictures.

Be well,

Morning greeting:
20240414_094423.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #188,910  
Good Morning! It's been a little dreary this morning. Bring back the Chamber weather! 70F and cloudy. Looks like it will fair off and be a sunny day but either way it will be a good one!

Got the limb cut up and generally stacked/piled up, The leafy part will go in the old burn pile spot after I finish burning that pile today. The limb is cut up for firewood. The mountain laurel that I got to take out was 8" at its stump. Cut that off below ground with the recip saw and painted the remainder with 2-4-d before covering it. Will be so much easier mowing in that area now.

Wanted to eat catfish with my oldest son today. But that might not happen.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday afternoon and evening! Prayers for our Nation!