Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,512  
I checked and I don't have any pressure treated 4x4s. Ordered two of them, they will be here on Monday morning. I will soak the end in used motor oil for about a week, then flip them end for end and do it again for another week.

Spring start up meetings starting on Wednesday through Thursday. I'll go down on Tuesday and come home on Friday morning. This will be the 37th time I have attended these meetings and they get to be a bigger P.I.T.A. every year, but sometimes I do learn something new.

BEF, do you have any frozen corn or peas? If you put a bag of frozen peas/corn on sons' knee that should help with the swelling.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,513  
Good Morning in the afternoon. Been a very nice day so far with plenty of sunshine and some nice breezes. In the 80's today. So we need some breeze.

son's knee still swollen. stitch area looking ok. Still hurts him to walk.
Prayers it heals completely and no problems later.

Still piddling around with the siding on the building. I keep taking off to do other thngs instead of working straight through. Yesterday I drove into Austin to have lunch with a bunch of guys. That took time but was well worth it.

Got a call from my cousin about my grandparents old house that she wants us to buy. That could be interesting. She wants the family to buy it back and use it for family reunions and also rent it out as a venue. It's a good idea. But is it workable?

Found out we have a new Chief Appraiser at one of the CADs I deal with a lot. The former guy was the brother of my 4th grade GF so I am glad he just stepped down to the Deputy Chief and will still be there a while as the new Chief gets his feet on the ground. Looks like I need to make a trip to meet the new guy.

Another call regarding a treasurer who is going to have to be fired for misuse of a business credit card. I just don't understand people doing that.

A consulting firm I have been doing some work for since 2022 got a very nice recognition from a trade group recently. I was very happy for them. One thing I did for them was recruit a number of extras to be in a commercial they filmed in the Hill Country. It was fun and it turned out really well. The client they did it for is also a good friend of mine so that made it nicer.

While I was typing this my cousin started texting me pictures of Grandparents old house now and looks like it sure wont need any work. It's really much nicer than I expected. Now the question is if family members will want to try and buy it back. She says the owner is "open to an offer". This particular cousin has been known to 'get things done her way' in the past so it's going to be interesting.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Make the most of it because it will never happen exactly this way again. Prayers for our nation and everyone here.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,514  
IMG_3126.JPG

Practice pic through eclipse glasses with iPhone.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,516  
47 deg and windy out.
No plans for today. I did get the rest of the pictures scanned yesterday, the one I was working on when i got the call and rushed out. I'm tired of scanning, so probably won't do the last album right now.
son's knee still swollen. stitch area looking ok. Still hurts him to walk.
Son in TN is looking to move again. he has moved to a new place every year since he moved there, but last time only thing we did was deliver a washer and dryer we had here.
my left elbow has been hurting for a week or so. This is one I messed up when I was a teenager.
Gotta wonder when you had full time jobs how you were able to handle this and that...retirement. ;)

/ Good morning!!!! #188,517  
I heard a great quote about the quake that was exactly my experience
some lady said it felt like her laundry was out of balance and it was shaking, but
the whole house. That was my first thought when I heard it mixed with giant helicopters overhead.
makes you wonder how old iron gas connections do with this in some of the older row homes.

pushed the little lawn mower to get my steps in, and did a little weedeating. Could only do parts due to too wet.
But it looks nicer now.
moved the new planter over by the generator, moved the propane bottle to vertical and out of the way and now
I can get a second planter in there.

Attachments

• IMG_3008.JPG
    IMG_3008.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 42
   / Good morning!!!! #188,520  
Good (Saturday) morning. Overnight Low of 11.7C and it's presently 16.8C, overcast with gentle rain & calm. There was 0.5mm in the gauge @ 0900... then the rain truly started.

Not much on for today which is fine by me... and Penelope the Pussybeast agrees. Who am I to argue with that, eh?

That's about it, take care all.