Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,551  
Had the Costco chili for first time, was very good and spicy. One of the things I picked up the other day. If I’m light headed tomorrow, I have a reason.
Thankfully my picture site growth has slowed down. But I did work up a couple new historical posts for it today.
Family friend is still in Hawaii, today posted pics from Kona side. She posed from Maui yesterday, and rainbow falls Hilo. Taking a cruise between islands. She was on Oahu before the cruise part started.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,552  
Good Evening,
Was wondering how others in retirement are doing. This is my 20th year of retirement.
Ron,
I retired from Pitney Bowes in 2008. That was my last full time job, although I have worked part time here and there for some time. Now I am only working one day per week, and thats more for getting out of the house than anything else ! Although a few extra bucks a week does not hurt. So 15 years since full time M-F !

Hope all have a great evening !

/ Good morning!!!! #186,553  
Good Evening Bill,
Regarding late season snow storms, running from Winnipeg to Thunder Bay I ran right into a storm that when it was finished dumped 6" of snow on Hwy 17 outside Upsala, ON and cost 2 drivers their lives.
When you are trucking that far north are those roads mostly dirt or are just the main roads paved ?How far north do you haul ?

/ Good morning!!!! #186,555  
Good Evening Bill,

When you are trucking that far north are those roads mostly dirt or are just the main roads paved ?How far north do you haul ?
I have hauled all the way up to Pickle Lake and also Armstrong, both in Ontario. both highways are hot mix paved for about 20 miles and then surface treated the rest of the way. Surface treatment is tar (high float which is tar and water and some chemicals I am not privy to) sprayed on the road after it is graded and packed and then 5/8" gravel with sand in it spread and that is rolled. We call it MTO mix. After about two weeks of traffic and lots of dust a good rainfall and what you have is a surface that will withstand light to medium traffic. Log trucks, fuel haulers and I run on it (140,000 lbs per loaded truck).
Armstrong is at the end of the road.

Pickle Lake was the end of the road, but I understand that the road is getting extended and eventually will come out at Nakina, ON. Red Lake is another 'end of the road' town. Been there, too.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #186,556  
Good evening all. Yesterday post, got unposted after I went to bed :(
Dennis sorry you are up so early.
Ron sorry about not conserving energy. Good to hear you are maintaining the barn. Nice you got some seat time. Neat feeder pic
Bill hope conserving energy went well.
Mike sorry no firewood, but good rule to have. Hope you got some waterproofing done.
Drew sorry about propane heater issues. Hope you can get it going.
Frits hope checking out chain saws was fun. Nice pic
Kilroy glad work uneventful but sounds boring. Glad you have all paper for taxes. Hope church went well.
Paul glad progress on speakers. Good to hear got parts to hanger and nice flight and lunch with son. Hope clean up went well along with breakfast.
Kilroy filters need to be replaced. Glad belt replaced on your schedule, not it's schedule.
Scott(vt) Hope shop time was rewarding. Hope tree makes good firewood. Glad second seat coming along.
Thomas glad you are getting a light day.
Billy sorry you missed the quarry. Sorry about extra trip for mattress. Hope you got other bad taken care. Hope the roasting came out good.
Buppies hope you get road job. prayers sent. Deer eating lot of corn
Ken glad you got bed done. Hope IKEA picks up old bed. Nice pics
Drew glad propane working now.
David glad good military meeting. Sorry Woods cutter a no go. Hope they get Scag going again.
RNG sorry about the head bang, hope no concussion. Hope loading was successful. Safe trip south.
Dennis sorry to hear still under weather.prayers for recovery. You have nice collection of chain saws.
Drew goo to see you are pacing yourself. Sorry about all the trips now heater working again should reduce number of trips.
Dennis good to year your dad doing ok.
Helo good to hear logging went well. Hope BIL gets timer out that sawmills don't want.
Randy(wag) hope caravan shift went well. Too bad mouse not totally dead :)
Dennis Nice kitties getting sleep time with you. Sorry you dad did not answer the phone.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #186,557  
Went back to operating room back at 2:30. That was the problem now have to get body back to normal Calcium sodium and others way too low. Supplements needed now. I am tired very sore and very very weak barely walk but this was a success. Thanks for prayers

/ Good morning!!!! #186,558  
Good evening all. 50ºFfor the start, mostly clear sky, light breeze. Wind got up to moderate, sky clouded up late afternoon, and high temp was 91ºF. Dallas recorded 94ºF a record. Tomorrow likely another record then dropping down to about 55ºF. Make coffee to start day, tried to log into work with new instructions, no joy. Went for bike ride, and nap after lunch. Sent email to Fidelity, no response yet. Cooked hamburger stroganoff for dinner.
Dennis glad no problem with your dad, just went to bed early.
Kyle nice the backstop has been used already. Hope son did well at track meet. Hope you get some rest.
Buppies enjoy the cool off. prayers sent. Surgery included in prayers
Ron glad you got some conserve energy time. Good to hear no ache or pains from Saturday. Hope seat time went well doing gravel cleanup. Yellow ears looks good.
Dennis breakfast of champions :)
Phil glad to hear both of you getting over your cold. Hope you got great nephew to school ok.
Drew good to hear green house doing well.
Drew some IT tech may lose his paycheck over that one!
Billy sounds like a nice Monday agenda.
Mike glad yesterday went well. You are showing great wisdom letting wife take over the tile.
Don thought you might have been a touch warmer forecast. Have not used AC yet heat pump ran last night. Good to hear drip irrigation working and leak fixed.
Thomas glad you don't have a jam packed day today.
Scott(vt) not a long stay in Vermont. Glad you got some firewood work done. Nice ATT comping for no service.
Bill sorry favorite motel closed hope you get confirmation soon.
Frits sorry son back on hospital prayers sent.
Ken glad boxes from frankenbed cleaned up. Hope IKEA picks up parts. Nice buck
Frits sounds like interesting show.
RNG glad van and trailer load made it to the gate. Hope you have a good trip south.
Dennis glad feds giving more than the state is taking. Nice deer pics.
Gstrom hope the junk clean up is going well.
Kyle sorry cough is back, probably from all the above :(
Dennis quick buy another box!
Ron started biking again in 2010 1K miles. Now have logged 6K+ miles 7 years now.
Paul nice pics. Hope pressure raise helps washer fill.
David house build does sound like a job,how long did it take.
Drew glad you could wash car. Nice pics
Dennis thanks for update on your dad. Glad brother got a visit with him too.
Bill glad you got confirm number, ugly wreck.
Mike sorry about the scope creep. Hope shower warmed you up.
Randy(wag) glad you found power issue and fixed it. Hope ear cleaning went well.
David sorry Scag not picked up. Hope HH was good.
RS shower looks like a lot of work to remove. Sorry about the frost heave on the weed block staples. hope old fridge gets empty soon.
Dennis thanks for report on Costco chili. Hope you are getting some HA pics from friend.
Scott(vt) I became semi retired in 2008, When 1 diision was doing software upgrade was working 6-7 hours per day, no 6-7 per year :)
Buppies glad surgery went well. Hope they can get the electrolyte balance where it should be. more prayers sent.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,559  
Interesting day
My neighbor that is moving shared several lists of tools. I got his Dewalt 20v stuff
IMG_1621.JPG

6 tools, 2 chargers, 4 batteries, 1 being the 15ah one.
All for $400. I think I got a good deal.

I did get the new freezer unboxed and door swing changed, but still a bit of wifely resistance to putting in place and turn on before the other fridge is gone.

About to explore the espresso world. Probably should stay off CL. This machine https://www.amazon.com/Breville-BES...00CH9QWOU/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 brand new, in box for $300. Will have to find its home tomorrow, then test.