Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,531  
that one looks cool, maybe put a board across it and you have yourself a home grown seat
Yeah. They cut it off the hub I guess, but left the spokes, which the tree grew up through... I salvaged another last year, which is now painted and a raised flower bed.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,532  
prayers for Buppies.

Phil, glad you and wife are better

BEF, I hope Girl Scout cookies work their magical healing power on you.

I'm back down with the crud again. Not sure if it's the spring pollens, or the dust from mixing sackrete Saturday night.... up all night coughing, taking today off. Uhgg.

Check, I'm kind of sad to hear about your boat house land going, but I can understand the immense amount of upkeep too.

Good Morning! 'spozed to get up to 70 today. Wow, the winter that hardly was, is almost over. I've had flies and moths flying around already! I spent an hour or so, and two sawzall blades and 4 1/2" grinder wheels, the other day, on some implements that have been sitting here for years. I was left with iron that survived the WW2 scrap drives, and the trees have grown around/over/inside this stuff. The junk is not hurting anything, but it bugs me. I bought a HF 7" angle grinder and cutoff wheels and will go after some again. I thought about using my oxy/acetelene torch, but I don't want to catch my woods on fire. Grinder sparks are less of a risk. I'm going to save stuff, if I can, but it's mostly just junk, needing to go to the scrap yard. There is a 24" steel tractor wheel (the old kind that only had riveted lugs), that a tree has grown up inside, which I will leave alone.
View attachment 854374
I would call that "decades" or, nearly a century! Be careful.

Helogabals, not sure which is more worn out, you or the new chainsaw. I will believe that you are still sore today. How did you not get stuck in the mud?

Popgadget, glad you spend some good time with your son in the small plane. Are you going to fly a jetplane to chase the eclipse on April 8th? One county down here is already declaring emergency, expecting a 300-400% rise in population during it. Warning locals to have all their shopping needs done well in advance. TxDon should get a full eclipse viewing at his house, if I'm reading the map correctly.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,533  
I would call that "decades" or, nearly a century! Be careful.
I should post this in the HF tools that don't suck thread... Worked good. Round one (of maybe 46?) done. I sprayed warning orange on the leftover bits still in the tree.

Attachments

• Bits left in the tree.jpg
    Bits left in the tree.jpg
    894.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Drag harrow out.jpg
    Drag harrow out.jpg
    898.5 KB · Views: 47
   / Good morning!!!! #186,535  
Popgadget, glad you spend some good time with your son in the small plane. Are you going to fly a jetplane to chase the eclipse on April 8th?

I’m way too “thrifty” to do that, and so far nobody has asked for a charter flight to do it. If someone does, I might schedule myself to take that trip!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,536  
Got to thinking about my Conserve Energy day yesterday.
My Apple Watch showed that I did 2,115 steps yesterday. So far this month I have had 17 days that were over 5,000 steps. 2 days were over 10,000. Last year I averaged 5,977 per day. This years average is a little lower. So far it’s at 5,093. Cold I caught earlier this month set me back a little. Was wondering how others in retirement are doing. This is my 20th year of retirement.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,537  
Nice day out there now, started out a bit grey and a few sprinkles, but it’s sunny and 54° now. A lot better that the 28 I woke up to.

Yesterday was another speaker day, but managed to get a bit of RC in with the oldest son. I just flew his plane, I didn’t have anything charged up.
Zoe came out with me and chased the plane a bit, but soon decided just to watch it fly. We walked out to game camera and swapped out the card. Mostly deer, but one Blue jay.
dscf0154.jpg

IMG_3864.jpg

And the ever popular deer-

dscf0052.jpg

I’ve been getting fill errors on the Speed Queen washer intermittently, I checked the screens and hoses and didn’t see anything obvious. Figured that I would change the filters and check the pressure on the well pump/tank.

Been a while since this gauge showed any useful information.
IMG_3861.jpg

I had a nice little stainless one, so I installed that on a riser with a ball valve so it will be easier to change, and might last longer if it’s closed when I’m not checking it.
IMG_3860.jpg

Checked the bladder pressure when it was empty, it was fine, then raised the pressure from 30/50 to 40/60, that should help the flow. Now I’ll have to wait and see if I get any complaints.

Not much else planned, I’m back on the speakers after those diversions.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,538  
Got to thinking about my Conserve Energy day yesterday.
My Apple Watch showed that I did 2,115 steps yesterday. So far this month I have had 17 days that were over 5,000 steps. 2 days were over 10,000. Last year I averaged 5,977 per day. This years average is a little lower. So far it’s at 5,093. Cold I caught earlier this month set me back a little. Was wondering how others in retirement are doing. This is my 20th year of retirement.

Congrats on 20 years, Ron

Been retired 31 years from Army (Feb 93). Of course some other stuff after, but never anything that would be considered fulltime except when we built the house and that was a firm 8 hr day 5 days aweek plus. At this point I’m certified unemployable.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,539  
still too cold in the gardens but today's temps should help
was so nice out I turned the water back on and washed the car, something long overdue.
82 in greenhouse with no heat on.

uncovered the flower outside my front door, it should be blooming nicely soon
it would not have survived 13 degrees two days ago; has been covered in snow for weeks.
bet it's glad to see the sun too

Attachments

• IMG_2917.JPG
    IMG_2917.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2915.JPG
    IMG_2915.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 26
   / Good morning!!!! #186,540  
Nice day out there now, started out a bit grey and a few sprinkles, but it’s sunny and 54° now. A lot better that the 28 I woke up to.

Yesterday was another speaker day, but managed to get a bit of RC in with the oldest son. I just flew his plane, I didn’t have anything charged up.
Zoe came out with me and chased the plane a bit, but soon decided just to watch it fly. We walked out to game camera and swapped out the card. Mostly deer, but one Blue jay.
View attachment 854410

View attachment 854411

And the ever popular deer-

View attachment 854412

I’ve been getting fill errors on the Speed Queen washer intermittently, I checked the screens and hoses and didn’t see anything obvious. Figured that I would change the filters and check the pressure on the well pump/tank.

Been a while since this gauge showed any useful information.
View attachment 854415

I had a nice little stainless one, so I installed that on a riser with a ball valve so it will be easier to change, and might last longer if it’s closed when I’m not checking it.
View attachment 854417

Checked the bladder pressure when it was empty, it was fine, then raised the pressure from 30/50 to 40/60, that should help the flow. Now I’ll have to wait and see if I get any complaints.

Not much else planned, I’m back on the speakers after those diversions.
my well pressure gauge is waterlogged like that. lol

64F here, wife turned pellet stove off a bit ago.