Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,311  
Happy Birthday, George Washington!

George loved dogs, and named one Sweet Lips.

A couple of quotes:
- You have only one way to convince others, listen to them.
- A pack of jackasses led by a lion is superior to a pack of lions led by a jackass.

It still amazes me that with all of the national holidays that we don't have one to honor the man known as the father of our country.
Hope it’s not to polytickle

/ Good morning!!!! #186,312  
had to look it up
What is the frequency range of road noise?

Highway Traffic Noise

The spectral content for passenger vehicles typically peaks and is dominated by frequencies around 1,000 Hz. Spectral content for heavy trucks typically peaks and is dominated by frequencies from 500 to 1,000 Hz. Trucks are much louder than passenger cars: one truck can be as loud as 10 passenger cars combined!

The voiced speech of a typical adult male will have a fundamental frequency from 85 to 155 Hz, and that of a typical adult female from 165 to 255 Hz.

but apparently these is an "intelligibility" factor that is very frequency related in this area:

Important frequencies

The important frequencies in non-tonal (Western) languages are illustrated by the diagram below. Here, the frequency band around 2 kHz is the most important frequency range regarding perceived intelligibility. Most consonants are found in this frequency band.

facts-about-speech-fig04_1.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #186,313  
Good Morning!

God has given us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly).

26.6F going to mid-50s, mostly sunny day starting to cloud up later.

nice to have a day off, of course the dogs have their own schedule 😂

after work yesterday, we dropped Harry at the house and crated him, and took Senior dog up to the woodlot for a peaceful walk. It looks like the sap flow is done for the season, so no more black walnut syrup this year. Final estimated numbers are about 50+ gallons of sap collected and just over 8 pints of syrup bottled. so task for this spring is to start finding 15-gallon blue poly mini-barrels and expand for next year.

i did a quick check of some of the game cameras, confirmed usual squirrels/raccoons/deer, also spotted neighbor’s dog, several cats, some coyote and a Bobcat.

today will be some admin running around and tonight is another wine pairing dinner in town.

i hope everyone has a happy healthy safe blessed day!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,314  
Good evening all. 52ºF for the start, partly cloudy sky, light breeze. Windy, with strong gusts, variable cloudiness, and high temp of 78ºF. Woke up in middle of night having trouble breathing, had neglected to turn CPAP back on. Make coffee then Men's meeting to start day. Work on paperwork, then trip to town for lunch, then 2 stops for groceries, $100 for the week :(. Got good nap, dinner with group,.
Helo not fun to drive car with no heater for a while. Would you like cheese with the Whine ;) Hope your panels rust up :)
Ron hope grocery shopping went well, Glad shop and barn cleaned up. Nice nap :) Neat moon, my guess on loop is mountain range tall enough to catch sunlight.
Bill hope you get tax info soon. Good to hear firewood still plenty left. You going to replace sheds?
Billy sorry about the wait for MIL apartment, nice you're getting more wife time. Hope hike test went well and you passed :)
Frits glad good day. Neat you saw the hawk catch a bird. Sorry about the error on violation. Good to hear boots oiled up. Sorry police no help :(
Billy neat pics
Mike glad you got rid of debris. Nice to hear did well on firewood you wanted. Sorry about pump
Dennis glad you took care of recycle can but sorry about no pellets.
Kilroy bet senior dog though bacon was nice. Sorry about false alarm. Hope today better.
RNG hope roof was fixed before rain. Hope hot tub showed and was easy fix. Sorry about confusion on trash, out trash day is Monday and except for Christmas and July 4 always pick up.
Drew glad good dinner last night, hope good return trip today. Sorry about back, my experience too soft mattress messes with my back. Did you know about the chair ride in Clarksville, MO , give good view Mississippi River.
Don sorry you got BOE again :( Glad class could follow your ALS presentation. Hope visit to park went well.
Thomas glad day off from parts store :)
Scott(vt) hope work day goes well.
Buppies sorry about all the paperwork for surgery. Sorry to hear about wife's issues, prayers sent.
Frits that has to be worrisome for D to go to Columbia. prayers for her safety.
Ken sorry about missing piece. Glad good CS and son helping with build. Hope beds is farther away from baseboard heaters when done.
David sorry about fireplace control box. Hope you can get rebuilt starter picked up and on Scag soon.
David nice BB63 pic. Hope you can get more pellets in porch box.
Dennis glad you got pellets taken care of, impressive ruts. Hope you feel up to getting rest of tree of fence soon, and taken care of.
Drew sorry you didn't bring your headphones. My understanding those headphone generate sound wave that cancel out the road noise.
Dennis glad you are doing better, hope you can find the menu for the I don't know restaurant :)
Don glad good trip to park very nice pics.
Thomas sorry you are having tough time finding the sheds.
Randy(wag) that is a lot of rain, about 3 months average here.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.
False alarm was good! Not only was it nice outside and provided a “non-clock out” break, it also showed who has common sense and who does not, and also how screwy manangement is, since they gave the “all clear” to return to the building on their own hook, about 20 minutes before the fire department arrived in response to the alarm. They also never called the fire department to advise them, and the Fire a marshal has issued two violation to the company…. Good thing they were not aware of the failure to fully evacuate the facility!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,315  
Good Morning Guys,
Ct,24 to start going to 42 ! Cloudy with rain coming in early evening!

Will load the F150 this afternoon for trip north ! Haven’t been up there in quite awhile ! Hope everything is OK !

Will try and finish the last two tapers on the rocker legs later this morning and then go to town and top off the fuel tank.

Don, glad to hear that your able to go hiking ! Also envious that you have spring already! Not so envious of how many 100 plus degree days you had last year !

Drew, I see some of the trucks around here that off-road, with these knobby tires that are so loud n, I couldn’t stand it for more than a few minutes ! The price you pay for being able to go through mud and etc, I guess ! I have the BF Gooodrich tires on my truck, aggressive snow tread with minimal road noise !

Hope all have a great day ! 🙏

/ Good morning!!!! #186,317  
Good morning, the low is 33 and going to a high of 36°F. Zero wind. Mainly cloudy.

A dump/town run is in the cards for today.
I might stop by the local Dodge dealer and see if he wants to play ball on a 2006 Ford pickup. He wants $6900.oo + 13% tax= $7,797.oo for it AS IS or not safety certified. All used vehicles in Ontario MUST be safety certified if you are going to plate them for the road.
Depending on what I see I will probably low ball him.
He has another one there that he wants $16,900.oo + 13% AS IS. There is NO WAY I will pay out 19 grand for something unfit.
We will see how that pans out. I asked the young lad what he thought about a white vehicle and he said that we have a roller and a brush and know where we can get automotive paint. It wouldn't be the first time we painted a vehicle with a brush.

Have a safe day all
i repainted my first car with two dozen rattlecans I got on clearance at Kmart way back when…

/ Good morning!!!! #186,318  
Morning all, 21 going up to 50 and some sun.
Found out more parts wrong on Ikea bed delivery. Some disassembly required, new parts arrive Saturday. I have little faith in them getting us the correct parts so we asked for new boxes.
Today I start disassembly, Interchangeable parts can be a downfall if some are wrong. What should have been a simple project is now going on over 8 hours of work, a few hours of driving and lots of time on the phone. Seems Ikea people don't blink an eye when they find out how bad they did on this one.
Drawers don't work well when front/back are different sizes :-(

Be well,

/ Good morning!!!! #186,319  
   / Good morning!!!! #186,320  
Good Morning!!!! 42F here in Orcutt, CA this morning. Some clouds this morning will give way to generally sunny skies for the afternoon. High 64F. NE winds shifting to WNW at 10 to 15 mph.

Hot tub guy showed up right on time yesterday and diagnosed a bad heater. Also a component called an ozinator that helps clean the water. $625 to replace both, then spotted a leaking seal on the pump. It sprays water on the motor, so it's another $6-800 to replace both. Tub cover is also shot, and will probably replace that with aftermarket piece. New from factory is another grand. To replace the tub would be around $8.5k, so the work is worth doing if I want a hot tub. And I do, or at least my aching bones do.

While all that was going on I went through the mail pile and caught up on bills, so yesterday ended up being a slaughterhouse in the budget department. All caught up now, though.

Van and trailer mostly loaded, just need to get the mirrors that were replaced by the medicine cabinet loaded so they can be repurposed up north.

Never gave much thought to using the old Bose noise cancelling headphones in the van, and don't even know if there's a headphone jack. I should look, though, as my ears ring a bit louder after each trip.

Garbage trucks picked up the green waste and garbage yesterday, but left the recycle stuff. It looks like they alternate green and recycle, or maybe they just alternate on the recycle. Gonna be fun trying to keep track until I get permanently settled, so I'll just put everything out and see what they take. Like a garbage buffet...

Headed north today for another load, hopefully returning mid next week.

Hang in there, gang, Friday's comin'!