Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #185,973  
good morning all
looks like a nice day here with light snow coming in tonight, 1 to 2 inches.
am off to eye doc this morning, second visit for floaters. As she expected, they are going away, only visible
when reading my book.
after that need to go food shopping

two chrome four shelf racks came in yesterday, I built one and installed it in the greenhouse.
It's what I used in NC and they worked wonderfully. Now the plants are up higher in warmer air, still fiddling with
heat settings. May make a run to TSC this afternoon to fill two 30 pounders. That's max allowed, can't carry more than 80 pounds total
inside a vehicle. Would be simple to take my trailer behind the Volvo but trailer blocked in by snow and rv. It's not going anywhere for awhile.

going to walk out now and check the temps inside.
last tray of sweet peas being up-potted today, then they go out in greenhouse.
I did order an indoor/outdoor thermometer yesterday, has three different senders, I can put one down low in greenhouse
and one up high.

I hope you all have a nice day.
Thomas, careful in the snow.

/ Good morning!!!! #185,974  
Thomas, you asked for pix...

20240215_143649.jpg
20240215_160303.jpg
20240215_161852.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #185,977  
Kyle, normally the vertical pipe inside the pond carries the flow down through the berm and out the side to a catch basin that goes under our road and discharges to a creek

Never overflowed

He raised the vertical pipe to where there is no freeboard to overflowing over the berm. Any rainfall causes overflow over the berm
Thanks for clarifying. Would you think that if he put the berm higher, to compensate the raised vertical pipe, that it would work as before?

Hopefully he will abide and do what's right.

/ Good morning!!!! #185,978  
Thanks for clarifying. Would you think that if he put the berm higher, to compensate the raised vertical pipe, that it would work as before?

Hopefully he will abide and do what's right.
Yes that would work as far as flow of water through the riser pipe. All about how much freeboard over the pipe and that is what he is saying he will do. But when??
and then there is the experts at the regulators for ponds saying it will fail if you put new dirt on top of the berm and further it is illegal to modify a permitted pond

/ Good morning!!!! #185,980  
good morning, 32 going to 43. Snow on the way tonight. We are in the 3 to 5 inch area in the FC
Plows are still on so should be easy to push the snow off the driveway

Driveway has turned to ice from the pond overflow. But the work with the X has made it flow better and reduced the wet areas turning to ice on the pavement

We saw why 340 around Harpers Ferry was closed for 3 months when driving that way. The rock walls at the highway was draped all the way up to the top with heavy wire netting