Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,832  
this is for Frits.
look at the size of this place, Microsoft? Amazon? Who builds data farms this big?
I have never understood why big computer installs took so much power. sure you need good airconditioning and clean air,
but with solid state disc drives, where is all this heat coming from?
Do web servers use a lot of power?

the energy use is a big deal for the locals. Am curious what will have to be built to power this place.

RNG, weather sounds mighty nice there

had to look up data farms, seems Northern VA takes US lead but Nevada and Utah are also big
The 10 Largest Server Farms Ever Built

interesting that one percent of the world's electricity goes to data farms

/ Good morning!!!! #184,835  
Good morning, the low is right on freezing, and going to a high of 36°F. Wind SSW 5 mph. 30% chance of flurries.

WOW! Slept in this morning. I haven't done that since the last time I was sick. (2021)
Breakfast done, now the rest of the day I can do what I want, which is nothing. Broke my 25 year company watch band last evening. I gotta dig out the spare watch, a self winding affair.

We had a lab/golden cross. She was some smart, died in 2018. She was the reason I got the back hoe for the tractor.

Our January thaw is over. Tomorrow is the last day for at or above freezing temps for a while.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #184,836  
Morning all, 42 going up to 49 and cloudy.
Got one more panel up, dropped one on my foot again, break time :cool:
Need more tapcons.

Today and tomorrow are my sons last concerts with School of Rock.
They did a great job getting him to the point where he is in multiple bands and making some light spending money.
I have other friends who put their kids through SOR too and all just as happy, but it's time to move on as he also needs to focus on SATs and college selection.

Buppies - glad surgeries went well, hopefully you won't need more.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the complete Milk House Rip

Wife wants to look at redoing sons closet, a chest and reposition of shelves. So I have my next inside job after I finish sheetrock and reorg in garage.

New Oil burner working well so far, never seem to run out of hot water like with old one.

Minisplit in garage has added to my monthly electric bill, but is keeping that area comfortable for me to work and son to do workouts and band practice.

Lost another pound or two, but I needed to lose weight anyway. So not all bad.

Be well,

/ Good morning!!!! #184,837  
overcome by the planting itch
easy trip to local HF, bought their cheapest greenhouse, should let me get some things started
a little early. Going to put it on gravel base where lawn mower sits now figure out something to keep it from flying away
for 130 bucks, the reviews say it's a good deal

1706368791998.png

/ Good morning!!!! #184,838  
67°F and no rain

Will be going to town. Visiting The Wall that Heals, 3/4 model of the Vietnam Memorial.

Then meet up with Sophie’s brother and gf for lunch.

Success with neighbors bearings I guess as he didn’t report back with a problem

Prayers for o
Be say
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #184,839  
Good Evening Lou, that tractor. Is really. Just a worked over version of the Super C I believe !
The 340 was quite a step up from the C's
Super C was 26 HP, similar to a 200 or 230.
The 340 was 47 HP even the 240 was 34 HP.

I never used one of the C's but I do recall the 340 being a snotty little tractor.
The 400 had more power but the little 340 was quicker.

Edited this to add;
Back around the late 50's early 60's we (my father) rented a 340 while our Allis WD was being overhauled and made into a WD45. At that time we had 2 tractors on the farm the Allis Chalmers WD and the Farmall 400. With the WD down we needed a second tractor to be able to complete the field work in a decent time. It was a good little tractor but when the WD came back to use it was stronger then the 340, it was just a year or two when the 560 came to the farm giving us 3 tractors.
Now the farm has over a dozen.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #184,840  
PopG poodles do not shed only need haircuts. Hair is like lotion for your hands when petting them. They were originally hunting dogs water or land made no difference. Cy on duck dynasty used one in ducking hunting dog was from Georgia a national champion retriever