Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #183,941  
Good evening all. 9ºF for the start, overcast sky, breezy. Moderate wind, overcast, and high temp was 12ºF. Decided not to go to Chapel service because of Covid, watched it on live stream. Then got fire going, heat pump quite running about 9:30 till about 9:30 tonight. Got some work done on estate paperwork, watched some Football, Cowboys had poor showing. Did get nap in. Trash is out, not sure when it will get picked up. Still need to get Trek on indoor trainer.
Wednesday 4:45PM CST posts:
Paul you and I must have tested about the same time. I pass private exam in 1976.
Thomas glad Kubota did well in snow control. Sorry the roof gave new aches and pain.
Dennis nice heard.
Bill sorry snow removal a pain in the bucket. I had 0 training when I start doing IT. But the training did come in handy during the 15 years I did it full time.
Randy(wag) sorry oil filter such a pain in the arm and knuckle. Glad you got it off.Hope hydraulic oil change went better.
Lou sorry only good for brush pile.
David since I don't report results to anybody but TBN I am flexible with same time bit. It rarely rains 1 a week here anyway :)
Thursday morning 3:48 CST:
Ron glad dentist visit and errands went well. Sorry about dirty car. Sounds like nice seat time on driveway. Hope linkage install went well. Grand pic.
Thomas why would you consider trying to do any more than 8 hours part store, other than some kind of emergency projects?
Mike I understand about the estate stuff, been working on that here. There is a lot of settings to take care of. Disk space on computer usually not an issue.
Randy(wag) I should keep a log on rainfall but too lazy.
Plowhog good luck with burrowing animal!
Kilroy nice you can used non-standard days off. Nice to be caught up, If I get there :( Funny link, agreed the people that disagree with us are the ones doing the hiring for Government. Roast looks good.
Drew sorry about the decay under the bridge. Glad penicillin still works.
Frits good start to the day. I bet you find something, or it will find you :)
Buppies yes I know about the cold, it's cold here too.. prayers sent.
Ken good to hear progress continues. Sorry to hear another ash fell hope they finish falling soon.
Chris thanks, I listen to him from time to time.
Don good points.
Scott(vt) hope the ground is read for another rain event on Saturday.
Don hope you were ready for the cold. I needed to charge boat and golf car batteries. Low around 9 here.
Frits good to hear daughter is hanging in there so far. Can be a very rough and tumble game.
Bill sorry about another watch, maybe more plowing? Hope dump run and town run were successful. Started a 1 hour video of Justin playing resonator.
Drew good post.
RNG it seems what to buy is a moving target. Good luck staying ahead of the game. Nice surprise on door handle. Hope next trip goes well.
Ron I would like to know a few people dentist had worked on before trying.
Drew good luck with next round of tooth work. Hope you get your snow.
Ted enjoy the new snow, Wind sounds like a bummer. Hope you got mini blinds done and enjoyed some soup.
David glad some mowing done. Thanks for Makani, hope wound heals soon. Hope you got the H&F in and guys did well.
Dennis sorry about the install issues on new camera. Hope you work out something you are happy with. Hope son lunch was good.
David I understand about hoe elusive motivation can be sometimes. We don't have many raging storms in the morning, that would be a lat morning :)
Helo hope trip to Estonia went well boy played good basketball, and wife had good time. Hope drop-in customers leads to more work.
NHBX Interesting, my wife could get in truck easier than the SUV. Hope breakfast was good.
Thomas Justin has a video all unusual guitars.
Randy(wag) glad tip trip and laundry all went well. Hope you got something useful or fun before Dr appt.
Ted in Texas,Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas Murphy sell gas on Walmart parking lot.
Kilroy interesting spice list for roast.
Buppies sorry about your lack of snow, we are having flurries tonight.
Friday morning 3:51 AM CST posts:
Ron hope you got rested up for snow control on Saturday. Cute little guy in pic Thanks for info on robins.
Thomas hope you got a nap in.
Bill have fun with storm watch. Hope your medical goes without a hitch. Hope you survive the defensive driving training. Sorry about trailers.
Drew thank you, have not been able to spend as much time as I would like, wanted to be caught up already. Hope good lunch with brother, and bridge gets saved. Hope box went together ok.
Frits impressive no oil burned. Hope treatment works on diesel in tanks and no jelling. Hope daughter enjoys days off.
Chris thank you.
Billy target time here is 07:30.
Scott(vt) hope good trip to Vermont, hope you bring back everything you meant to :)
Billy congrats on rain record, did not happen here :(. No symptoms yet. Will talk with Dr tomorrow about physical and testing. Glad you got nice hike in
Mike glad you got away from all the stress for a few hours. Nice company on hike.
Ken sorry about more rain and roof leak, My condolences on the loss of your friend. Hope new boss better than old boss.
Kilroy you have been busy boy. Bet dogs were happy after woodlot trip. thanks for the report on walnut syrup.
Plowhog any idea what has been burrowing under house? Nice NV pic. Hope snow control went well.
Buppies sorry you feel so poorly prayers sent.
Mike good to hear dog is looking out for you :)
Don love the public service announcement. I have not missed putting on snow tires since moving to Texas. Maybe I should get stuck and see what happens, I am sure they will know I am not a native Texan as soon as I open my mouth ?? Just wonderful :)
Paul sorry to hear wife caught your virus.
Mike did you miss the part about rednecks?
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Mark /sister liver transplant and recovery, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,942  
I would have liked to glue up the seat, but I’m not 100% sure the glue in my shop is good ! And I have too much work in this to use inferior glue !
I was looking on your pics how wood fibers are laying for lamellas you are gluing together for seat. They are a bit bent. Don't get me wrong, we dont consider this as a defect, it's just a way how wood is growing
That reminds me joke here we have. Not sure how to translateIdea is like:guys I need to visually explain how to relieve inner tension (or stress ??) of wood chunk. But please dont offer me pics of masturbating Pinocchio😁

Helo, great team picture. I can see that a Kristaps Porzingis shirt would look good and stand out
yeah. All basketball kids here are so passionate about Kristaps / Celtics. And he is kinda celebrity which haven't lost his mind from that big money. (y)

Helos
I probably use my forks in that reversed position as much as normal.
:D
Height of FEL normally is problem on CUT range. For "rancho" we use that 80 HP belorrusian wonder, which can reach rather high, so no need to play this kind of tricks.
Then I was looking on mine humble compact and understood that I can flip forks 💡
I was just so proud about my "invention" 😁
Congrats Helo to the team! They should have some padding on wall behind the goal, to protect kids after fast layups. My son is playing on 8th grade team, 13 years old. He's 5' 8" or 172 cm. There are many kids much taller than him and many much shorter. He needs experience, he did not play last year. Coach begged him to play. He's still very shy and not "assertive". Would rarely take shots, instead passing to team mates. This weekend he took a few shots and made 1. And made 3 out of 4 free throws. So the shyness is wearing off a bit. They lost the first game, but won the 2nd game. Next will be track season. His specialty is 400m sprint.
You are right about padding. That hall is rather compact and there was some close episodes...

hehe, my kids are bit smaller. Mine twins are one with glasses and on his left #81. They are born 2013. Around 150 cm / 5 ft. But other than that - the same. You can see - they are average height. Because of height they can't do a lot under basket and frankly - they are not showing that aggression, too. But still they are doing a great job on defense and do a lot on assists.

Coach is happy with them, even they are not "shinysuperstars", they are hard working, making decent progress, good to read game.
Even now they are rather passionate, I don't think they will go for pro. At least I hope so.
I would be happy if sport would help them navigate trough teen age and teach them to gather together 2 - 3 x week for hour play till their pension age and few years more

Good evening! -9˚C or 15.8˚F with a wind chill of 8˚F. Snow expected at midnight.
Nice team pic Helo. If we are this cold it must really be bad in the central Northern states.
Everything is shut down tomorrow because of the predicted snow and ice.
Thanks man !

Looking on your figures I can tell you - for weather part you are struggling much worse than us
Our forecast girl world news started with volcano of Iceland, then next was cold in Canada and US.

~~~~~~
Today busy day in office. Electricians are here, then guys who install dividing wall. Plumber has fixed one minor leak and already left. Gates guy will be here in couple h

That's about it.
Stay warm ! ✌️

/ Good morning!!!! #183,943  
Going to need extra hot coffee. -5° with mostly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 9° with partly cloudy skies. Neighbor down the road came down with Covid. He normally plows his drive and others. Warmed up my tractor and went down there and plowed 3 drives. Plowing went good. The trip there and back was very cold. One of the drives belonged to the lady that fell New Years Eve. She is doing good. Going to spend the day doing new year paper work in the house today. Where it is warm.
Its Monday morning.
rd17m0Z.jpg

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,944  
I have to apologize to Twobit and the forum for posting the chart.
Not that you should care but when making the posting the heading to the chart was not with the chart that explained the numbers were percent of each countries economy not total contributions. So the Baltic states showed up really well but their economy being small not a very large contribution.
Again sorry to all that I may have offended
First. Frankly I am bit surprised, how someone can be offended by facts. By opinions - yeah, but facts are there and facts don't care what we think about them.

Second. Facts can be shown in different light. Because of reasons we here like that "per capita" parameters :D

Third - it is US taxpayer money. I have no saying on how to spend that. Looking on that chart you might guess my opinion :D But again - it's purely American call. And I can understand those, who say that this money has to be spent at US. That should be popular opinion, people like simple answers on complex questions

Forth - Please understand, we here are really scared. Recently even Sweden's top military commanders has told very openly that Sweden should prepare for war. On its territory. Not like it's inevitable, but risks are high
Obviously lot of people have lost their cool. Including me. Not only because of this, but general situation is developing "interesting"

Fifth - I can partly agree, this thread is not the 100 % right place to discuss those matters. But we here are sharing not only our joy but also problems, issues, basically all matters what shakes us. This war is big part of my day. That's why I have brought it up. And I am not even sorry for this ;)

/ Good morning!!!! #183,945  
Good morning
18° now, sunny today with a high around 30°. West wind 5-10 mph. More normal temperatures for January the rest of the week. (guessing)
1705312347087.jpeg

Not sure what’s up for today, I do need to get coffee so at least a trip to the store. Probably just putter around the rest of the day.

Enjoy your day everyone
Stay safe and healthy

/ Good morning!!!! #183,946  
good morning all
21 out now, not getting above freezing today, and then 1 to 4 inches of snow tonight.
looks like my shovel may get a workout tomorrow.

once a year local fancy supermarket sends out two 15% off coupons to regular customers.
so I might do some meat shopping today, make that discount worth something. Thankfully I have a basement
freezer to stock up. The other supermarket in town is having a big veggie sale. That doesn't help me much
living alone unless it's frozen food

ordered some veggie seeds last night, a radish assortment and several varieties of lettuce including the
Parris Island romaine. Stuff I can start early. Going to be more patient this year on everything else, since the cold
ground won't germinate much anyway. I have a thermometer in the ground, needs to get to at least 50 degrees.
Since it's a raised bed, that happens sooner vs later. But on a cold night, loses its heat faster too. Several years of unhappy
early plants have taught me, perhaps not well..., to just wait a little.
I will wait and buy tomatoes and peppers as plants from local nursery.
Two years ago I ordered plants from Burpee, since they are very local (45 minutes away) and they looked pretty weak and spindly
compared to the plants at nursery.

and I'm determined to put less stuff in the garden this year so I can weed properly.
this year going back to string beans and cutting back on things that just aren't worth it, like my eggplants.

I bet RS is wondering how all his strawberry plants are doing. In another year he will have enough to put out
a sign for pick your own... 🍓🍓🍓

/ Good morning!!!! #183,948  
Good Morning!

God has given us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly).

37.3F going to low 40s, wintry mix for today. Ground is damp now but nothing I. The air at the moment. I just sliced a fresh trash bag to put over the windshield while at work because cleaning windshields sucks.

Harry did not to well on his fresh opportunity — he climbed onto the back of the sofa and pluck one of Mrs’ stuffed gnomes (with the gravel weight in the bottom) and proceeded to shred it and get gravel all over the other sofa (where he began the dismemberment, and also where Mrs sits to watch the idiot-box) as well as the living room carpet, where he completed the deed. . .

He will be commuting with us on the way to work to go to doggie day-care the next couple days, but Mrs is becoming insistent that he needs to find a more hound-oriented home because we need to be working without worry, especially since it looks like we will both be looking for additional employment after the temporary tax gig ends in April… out fixed-income retirement income just doesn’t seem to have the purchasing power it did not so long ago…

Batch#4 of walnut syrup will be undergoing final reduction today, we did not get a chance to get up to harvest sap after work because between working until7pm and then having to clean up the remains of Mr. Gnome, it was too late for us to consider because we’d‘ve Ended up eating dinner after 9Pm. So I hope not too much overflows the pails and gets wasted today…

and now coffee.

i hope everyone has a happy healthy safe blessed day!

/ Good morning!!!! #183,950  
that sucks, as does the SMNP parking fee. people need to complain loud to the NPS, not that it will do any good.
Sooo tempted to start typing again, but I will be good…