Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #183,213  
this took some serious cleaner and a bit of pledge but can now see top of desk again.
ok, now to pile stuff back on top...
would have more room if I got rid of Klipsch speakers but still want to try them all playing
at same time

Attachments

• IMG_2729[1].JPG
    IMG_2729[1].JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 51
   / Good morning!!!! #183,214  
Helo, very nice on the chairs, seats look ultra thin but I can see adequate support underneath ! Also very nice accent on the arms ! Not an engineer here, just an old retired toolmaker/modelmaker that likes to playin the wood shop !

Hope all have a blessed day !🙏
Thanks !

I like hand-working, really enjoy. But to be frank - most of the time I am just spoiling material 😁:rolleyes:
That level of precision you see on those chairs, you just can't make it manually. Not even all cnc machines are accurate enough do that job

That accent is made out of beech. Chair is made of oak.
Interesting finishing tho. It is not stained or pigmented, but "smoked" in ammonia steam. different species of trees absorb that vapor differently, which is why that accent it's so visible. If the chair would be simply stained, the color differences would barely visible

The seats appear to be formed 12mm plywood, likely birch, which would make them quite strong.
Yeah.
Seat is 9 mm.
Top / bottom layers are oak, birch is in the middle. That construction is very strong. Despite of being not upholstered, chair is "butt friendly", if we can say so ;)

/ Good morning!!!! #183,217  
Good morning! 39˚ rains heading this way this afternoon from the West. Temp will remain in the 40s.

A little PT home work to do today and then I have to start thinking about organizing paperwork for taxes.

Wife cleared out and organized the shelfs in the study and now I have the whole top row empty. We both agree that 5 woodwork projects would look good up there, one for each section of shelf space. Any object design ideas from the pros here.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,220  
Good morning! Low of 21°, heading up to 45°, sunny.
The forecast now has snow predicted for Wed night into Thursday. I haven't heard nor watched the weather forecast for the past week.... surprise!

Got up at 03:00, then again at 04:00, and finally out of bed at 05:15. I must have been getting nervous about waking up on time. Got the BIL to the airport at 06:30 for an 08:25 flight..... only to find that it's delayed almost an hour. That will only give him 4 minutes to get his connecting flight in Denver..... I don't think he's going to make it.

The plane was delayed at DFW for 48 minutes..... couldn't find the reason for the delay on flight aware. Don't think weather was a cause.....

I really want to get out in the shop today.... but I am already am thinking about a nap....holidays always mess up my circadian rhythm.... MIL is still here until Saturday, but she doesn't cause too much disruption.....

Everyone have a great start to the New Year!