Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #173,331  
I got the message. Lol.

Was working on the pool pump and the walnut tree decided to shed a branch.
20230716_112629.jpg
Only missed me by a few feet. I ducked and stumbled away from the crack noise. Time for the chain saw....

/ Good morning!!!! #173,332  
Morning to all (well Afternoon);
We only got 3/4" rain last night so I count us as being in the lucky part of the country. We have had plenty in the last week with some road washouts and culverts washed away but not to bad locally, much worse not to far away.
With getting the 3/4" last night I went out after breakfast and cleaned out the water cuts I use to divert water off the driveway.
Used the new little Kioti 2620 instead of the Branson8050, visibility was nicer with the little one especially trying to just clean out the existing water cuts. Found out the hydrostatic with the brake pedal being on the same side as the hydro pedals can be a bit nerve racking when putting the front tire on the edge of the bank with a several foot drop. it's a bit touchy going from forward to reverse heading downhill and being on the edge of dropping a wheel over the edge.

A before cleaning out,
cut 1a.jpg

and an after,
cut 1b.jpg

another before,
cut 2.jpg

and after,
cut 2a.jpg

The furrower that I use to make them with,
furrow tool 2.jpg

Edited to add this, we are still in a flood watch with the forecast potential of another 1-3 inches of rain.
Of course now it can't be just a plain old flood watch is has to be an "Areal" flood watch from the NWS.

Here's hoping everyone has a safe and pleasant day.

/ Good morning!!!! #173,334  
80F and partly cloudy @ 13;15, calling for a high of 85F for the day. Rain has moved on to the east (like they really need it ... :rolleyes: ), under an Air Quality Alert for smoke and haze.

Woman and I watched the "Air Jordan" movie on Prime last night, we both thought it was a good flick ... (y)

Slow getting rolling this morning, The Squeak finally rousted me a little before noon.

Since I was not woken up to screams and shouts of joy, I'm assuming that we did not win last night's Powerball.

Woman was outside doing something when I got up, now smells like She is cooking eggs.

Not seeing any groundhogs out there this morning, but that's not really surprising given that She was out there.

Probably get back onto getting the rest of those t-posts driven in and getting the cattle panels hung. Maybe get some more weed block fabric put down as well.

Hope everyone is having a decent Sunday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #173,335  
Well, it's not morning, but I'll take the hit on that one. It's downpouring here, so nothing is going on; yesterday, however, yesterday was rather busy. Yesterday the family and I moved a whole lot of rocks, leaving the largest ones for the grapple. Except, I insisted on moving a few into the bucket that I ought to have left alone. Today I'm regretting that, and I knew I would, but not to this extent. When I move my arm in most ways it feels like I'm taking a hammer to the funny bone. It came on last night right before bed, kept me up most the night, and is kicking the heck out of me now. If it doesn't ease up I may take myself to the walk-in clinic.

Anyhow, we moved a good 5 buckets worth of rocks. My 12 year old says 6, but I don't know...

20230715_145642.jpg20230715_150218.jpg20230715_152747.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #173,337  
Morning to all (well Afternoon);
We only got 3/4" rain last night so I count us as being in the lucky part of the country. We have had plenty in the last week with some road washouts and culverts washed away but not to bad locally, much worse not to far away.
With getting the 3/4" last night I went out after breakfast and cleaned out the water cuts I use to divert water off the driveway.
Used the new little Kioti 2620 instead of the Branson8050, visibility was nicer with the little one especially trying to just clean out the existing water cuts. Found out the hydrostatic with the brake pedal being on the same side as the hydro pedals can be a bit nerve racking when putting the front tire on the edge of the bank with a several foot drop. it's a bit touchy going from forward to reverse heading downhill and being on the edge of dropping a wheel over the edge.

A before cleaning out,
View attachment 811425

and an after,
View attachment 811426

another before,
View attachment 811427
and after,
View attachment 811428
The furrower that I use to make them with,
View attachment 811429
Edited to add this, we are still in a flood watch with the forecast potential of another 1-3 inches of rain.
Of course now it can't be just a plain old flood watch is has to be an "Areal" flood watch from the NWS.

Here's hoping everyone has a safe and pleasant day.
Good save Lou,glad you fair well since last week.

/ Good morning!!!! #173,338  
Well, it's not morning, but I'll take the hit on that one. It's downpouring here, so nothing is going on; yesterday, however, yesterday was rather busy. Yesterday the family and I moved a whole lot of rocks, leaving the largest ones for the grapple. Except, I insisted on moving a few into the bucket that I ought to have left alone. Today I'm regretting that, and I knew I would, but not to this extent. When I move my arm in most ways it feels like I'm taking a hammer to the funny bone. It came on last night right before bed, kept me up most the night, and is kicking the heck out of me now. If it doesn't ease up I may take myself to the walk-in clinic.

Anyhow, we moved a good 5 buckets worth of rocks. My 12 year old says 6, but I don't know...

View attachment 811437View attachment 811438View attachment 811439
That's real good days work (y) may the healing be quick.

/ Good morning!!!! #173,339  
Good Morning Everyone, have an enjoyable Sunday.

my daily driver truck quit running a few days ago (on the property though) . not great. I have no wheels at present, need that fixed soon. Probably a tow in to mechanic early this week. (distrib cap, rotor, ignition coil, fuel pump, fuel filter, air filter have all been recently replaced ... we'll see soon I guess)

Quick update on my friend who stopped drinking earlier ... Yesterday, he just Celebrated 1 year of Sobriety ! YAY. We went out on his boat yesterday afternoon. Nice to connect that day specifically, to encourage him, i usually have contact with him 2-3x weekly.

estranged wife's bronchitis (7-10 days now) is improving - yay.

one of the tenants (and all of her stuff) will be vacating in 2 weeks - yay, but not holding my breath just yet

hopefully, no new tenants coming ... we need things resolved at this point, Sep Agmt etc

kids are moving to Alberta Aug 1 :( not yay. But I will get a visit in at some point.

Enjoy your day