Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #167,301  
Good morning,
25°F now, mostly sunny this morning and clouds this afternoon with a high near 55. South wind 5-15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Played pick up sticks a couple of days last week, hope to get a little burning done this week if the weather cooperates.

Finally got off my butt and got taxes done and filed.
Ordered a couple of new brush blades for the trimmer, should be here today.
Took advantage of yesterday’s sunshine and hosed the winter grime off the tractor, snow plow and blower. Was going to grease everything but realized I never bought grease tubes when they ran out this winter, also need filters for bx so good excuse to see what’s up at local dealer.

Extra Prayers for those dealing with the devastating weather around the country

/ Good morning!!!! #167,302  
34 outside this AM. Weather people said to expect 70 later today.

Hope all have a great day and good start to the week.

To those ailing, heal fast and hoping for positive outcomes and results.

/ Good morning!!!! #167,304  
Good Morning
Cold this morning, but sunny and warming up quickly.

IMG_1751.jpg

Yesterday was a nice flight to Hilton Head to pick up 5 very nice passengers, all women on a weekend tennis trip.
Got home in time to play with Zoe, son, his wife and grandson walked up and she had a good run playing with grandson. Still wrestling with getting the Generac to reconnect to the WIFI, propane monitor is back on line. Have to do a little head scratching, but I’m sure I will get it sorted out.

Looks like today will start with a random drug and alcohol test, hopefully I can get right in and out. Last time I sat for 3 hours.
When I get that taken care of, I have some grapple work and a gate to get installed if the ground isn’t too wet. The auger is already on the tractor, I’d like to set the post before swapping it for the grapple.
I’ve got a long list of people waiting to order speakers, but I think I need to get some stuff done around here before taking any orders.

/ Good morning!!!! #167,305  
Morning all, 30 going up to 64, sunny and not sure what season this is.
So looks like a tornado hit the town, minor one took out two trees and a restaurant awning in the back, lightly damaging a few cars. This was one of the restaurants we were at two weeks ago.

Got the lawns aerated and brought some more firewood up to the house. That was about it for me, sore today.

Rearranged garage for spring/summer work.

Be well,

/ Good morning!!!! #167,306  
Good morning! 69˚F, South wind, heading to the mid 90s - might be the warmest day of the year so far.

The weekend "Farm" traffic has picked up with their 28 Easter egg hunts for kids per day and one adult egg hunt at night. The adult hunt starts at 830pm so I don't hang around for it. There were 130 adults that bought tickets in advance Saturday. The kids hunt has about 20 kids per hunt during the day. The mechanical easter bunny did not get built in time so the kids just trade in their wooden eggs for a bag of candy. A employee dressed as an Easter bunny and a mini baby animal petting area give lots of photo opps for the kiddos. One tractor can keep up with the trailer ride demand, only short waiting lines.

Got the yard mowed again, looks like it will be a weekly task from now on. Still working on the stepping stones by the yard's raised bed. The potatoes at the gardens are taking off and are looking good. No Freeze predicted might give my bale of hay to the chickens at the farm.

Buppies, hope you get some relief for your back.
Drew, thanks for taking us along on your adventure.
RNG good luck in finding a new place, priorities do change with age and experience.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #167,307  
Good Morning!!!! 35F @ 5:30AM. Mostly sunny. High 57F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.
Picked up 0.28" of rain yesterday, most of which came down late in the day from a pretty vigorous cell that had a lot of hail in it. No lightning or thunder, though. More rain in the 10-day, but we get a few dry days first.

Glad you got off with bruises, David. Hard to stay off a ladder, never liked 'em, never felt safe on one.

Hope your trip finishes smoothly, Drew. Happy for you that it went well enough to open the door to that cross country jaunt you've been wanting to take. I find it difficult to stay awake on long trips as well, but find that having something to snack on helps a lot. The challenge is finding something healthy that's not loaded with salt, sugar, or fat.

Poked around the internet yesterday looking at mileage figures for newer non-hybrid cars, and was surprised and pleased to find that the Camry now gets 39 highway miles to the gallon. And it's not a hybrid, either. Used ones aren't selling much cheaper than new ones, though, but the new ones are on the local dealer's floor, unlike the '23 Prius. We'll see today how much wiggle room the dealer has in his pricing.

Didn't get any burning done yesterday, what with an early morning shower that left mist in the air all morning and strong wind by noon. Didn't get my taxes finished, either, as I need to track down a missing form. Looks like today might be spent on the phone.

Pretty sunset last night after the rain blew through. They're doing a pretty good job of hollding the lake level about 40' below the top of the dam.
23-04-02Sunset.jpg

Hope everyone's week gets off to a good start!

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #167,308  
Don, If adults have money for Easter egg hunts the recession must not be hitting Texas yet. That farm is quite the entertainment industry.

RNG, My 2016 Camry hybrid hovered around 39 mpg. It did a little better if my daughter was driving.:(

Chris

/ Good morning!!!! #167,309  
Good morning! Low of 40° this morning. Heading up to 68° today. Winds are expected to arrive early afternoon. 25-35 mph with gusts to 55.
Then tonight the temp is supposed to drop to 20° and tom high 38°...... wow- 30° high temp difference. Winds tomorrow could gust to 65 mph.
Not going to be fun dealing with the wind.....

Definitely not as bad as the devastating weather elsewhere. I can't imagine what it is like to loose your home and belongings in an instant. Not to mention the loss of life or injuries. God bless those folks.

Kilroy, neat puppy video. Sorry to hear about the tractor going dead, but glad it was an easy get around to recharge. Too bad the fur butts couldn't go with you.

Drew, enjoy that calm drive home. Definitely watch out for those pesky mailboxes.....

RNG, beautiful sunset.... or is it a sunrise? Drew now has me all confused.....
Hope you can strike a deal for a Camry. Nice cars. Unfortunately, Toyota is the "tightest" manufacturer right now.... not too much leeway from them. Can't even place an 'order' with them. Good luck.

Buppies, I hope you can get some relief of the pain. Prayers sent for healing.

David, hope you're healing also. Glad no major bruising.

Scaffolding was one of the best investments that I've ever made. We have 2 of these, stackable, so can reach up to about 18' very comfortably. Very stable, yet easy to assemble and move around.

Hope everyone has a great start to the week!

/ Good morning!!!! #167,310  
Good Morning Everyone

it's now been a week since one of our tenants unexpectedly passed away (health, lung issues). We've known her for 25 yrs and she and my wife were best friends ever since. We are sill in shock, and it is still awkward between my estranged wife and I. Wanted to giver her a hug, settled on condolences and a card. This is also a game-changer as we move forward. For now, I am more concerned about how my wife is coping - very difficult time and she is not doing well. Praying - that's all I can do.

I had a nice visit with a close cousin on Thursday - Friday. He has come up 2-3x year lately to connect, mutual support. Always good to see him. He treated me to conversations and catching up, a fancy walking stick, a replacement heating pad for my sore back, and several meals out. Met up with neighbours and a few friends.

Went to the Sunday Service yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks. I wanted to be there in order to update the pastors about our tenant. The Mexico Missions Team had also returned and wer able to share their experiences. It was nice to be there and have the soup lunch. It's just not the same when you watch online.

The highlight of my Sunday, was reconnecting with a couple that i have known for decades, but see seldom. It was kinda funny too because they were staying with mutual friends that I know from church. These friends began to introduce us, but it was clear that we already knew each other. Sandra and I grew up in the same hometown and were toddlers in Sunday School. Our parents were good friends. Years later, she and I went to the same private university (Edmonton, Alberta) and that is where we / she met her husband Mel. All three of us later went to finish off our studies in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I attended their wedding about 35 yrs ago, and subsequently dated her younger sister for about a year. So yesterday was kind of a homecoming and catch-up for us. Just what I needed.

A new week is here. Have a great day all.