Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #162,622  
Good Morning
It’s 31 and should make it to 40 under a cloudy sky today.

Yesterday kept me busy, keeping Zoe occupied and fixing things.

The pizza oven is back in service, with all new gas controls, including the pilot burner and thermocouple. Not sure how old it is, but figuring out the required parts determined it was pre 1988. You wouldn’t know it, as over the years I’ve replaced the burners, the diffusers above them and the stones. The biggest pieces of the old stones were cut into pieces to fit in a home oven, and are still making pizza for several of my friends!
The ice machine was easier, it was the dump valve that drains the reservoir of water that is circulated over the chilled mold. It was leaking, causing it to run dry before the ice could be harvested.

When the restaurant was remodeled about 7 years I ago I took the old inoperative Manitowoc ice machine home. It became my home study project on how they work. It’s handy to have 400lbs of ice on hand in the barn now, and all the neighbors know it’s there as well.

Today I’m off with my buddy to replace a defrost control in a heat pump with my mechanical contractor buddy. It’s an old unit and parts were not available, so it’s getting a Honeywell universal control. I like them better than most of the OEM controls, because it’s got an ambient temp sensor and can be programmed for demand defrost rather than a straight timer as most are. He never installed one, and I’ve done several. It’s not complicated or above his pay grade, it’s just an excuse for me to go out with him for a while.

Later today I get to go to the city and see if their fingerprint machine is really fixed, as they claim it is. It’s only another 3 or 4 hours of my time I get to donate to the TSA…….

/ Good morning!!!! #162,623  
I'd have to take my Kindle with me Popgadget, with your track record here, hard to expect to expect swift action.
Patience Grasshopper....

400 pounds of ice. That's a lot of rum swizzles.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,624  
Morning all, was 30 going up to 43, winter is back.
School planning went fine, son seems to agree with some AP courses.
Next year we need to buy him a car, looking at used and prices still high, need next year so waiting.

Shopping for mini-splits so far the three top contenders are almost $2k different in price. Will need to think about this as I might go low to not destroy budget and do need to send kid to college in a few years. Our money used to go a lot farther.
We redid our budget based on actual costs last month, we have a lot less money left after basics than expected. insurance, food, energy all went up significantly as you all know.

A meetup at Washingtons Crossing would be fun. PopGadget, Drew, BEF, anyone else that can drop by.
Plenty of places to eat from Washingtons Crossing Inn to New Hope and Lambertville.

Buppies - feel better and sleep up at least 45 degrees so crud does not settle in lungs. We learned that with MIL. (not medical advice and I did not sleep in a holiday inn express last night)

PopG - 400 pounds of ice, how many ice cones would that make ??

back to day job, things still pretty up in the air for some of my big projects.

Hope to get back to tape/seal and start cleaning up the leftover foam board.

Anyone need 4 4x8 R6 one inch foam boards? Free for the taking.

Be well

/ Good morning!!!! #162,625  
Good morning! The big news of the day is the weather. With lots of sun and Southerly wind we will be in the mid 80s.
56˚F before sunrise, FireWise resumes today after the holidays.

RS have fun on this years trip. (Around the sun)

Drew, Austin tried to ban gas in new builds but it did not fly and then the State pass a law in 2021, HB17, banning any ban on natural gas.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #162,626  
   / Good morning!!!! #162,627  
Good Morning!!!! 48F @ 5:00AM. Showers, a few thundershowers and gusty winds during the morning will give way to steady rain this afternoon. High 54F. Winds SSE at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Locally heavy rainfall possible.
My alarm clock this morning was a weather front passing through dumping .3" of rain in just ten minutes, aiming it squarely at the glass sliding door in the bedroom with 35 MPH gusts that sounded like someone was using a pressure washer on the door. Just when I think this weather can't get any worse, it does.There are flood advisories and "Hydrologic Statements" up for the Sacramento River down in the valley, warning that the usual roads will soon be under water, if they aren't already. Looking like another good day to stay home and stay inside.

If you liked your RAM truck before, Drew, Dodge has incentives on them and inventories are improving...

Slept in late yesterday, getting back some of the sleep I lost to the wind and rain. Might do the same today, but it'll have to calm down a bit more.

Got the neighbor's mirror brackets done yesterday afternoon, but he forgot to take his mirror with him when he stopped by to pick them up. Said he only paid nine bux for the whole thing, including the two brackets like the ones it took me too long to make, but were too small for the roll bar on his CanAm. How can manufacturers in China do that and still stay in business?

Temps were mild and the winds calm at sunset last night, so I brought some wood up to the campfire pit and enjoyed a fire. Fed it with some 2x4 pieces from the old porch cover, getting one last use out of the poor thing. Gonna be a lot more when I start taking the main structure apart.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,628  
My task is to determine why my softener salt tank keeps filling with water. Replaced the gasket under the venturi as all the videos point to.
IMG_7539.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #162,629  
Good morning, 34 going to 44 today

Number 8 kid continues to do well with her hip replacement and is scheduled for Europe trip last week of the month

Today I am going to catch up on paperwork and bill paying

Ron, agree motorhomes are the best. We had the A class motorhome but prices are way higher today. The 454 engine used lots of gas and 8 mpg was normal.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,630  
Goooood Morning TBN,
It is 36F under mostly sunny skies, after an overnight low of 29. Forecast is for skies to cloud up this afternoon with a high of 46.

Paperwork did not go well. We can't find a key document for a tax filing. Searched every nook and cranny on the first floor, today the search will begin on the second floor. We need to find it as we can't get a replacement.

KilroyJC- I would be putting the dishy on the lawn in front of your solar panels and firing that puppy up to see what you get. You have way more patience than I do. :)

Today's mission, find the paperwork we need and get trailer and equipment moved in prep for contractors next week to start working on the shop.

Have a good day everyone and be safe!