Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #151,811  
BEF, great pic of your dad! Looks like he spotted you.

Doug.... it must be Sunday there now..... how did the flying go?

PJ, I apparently missed posting about the gravel / dirt mixup. Use the old stuff as a base / backing like you said. Less dirt needed that way.

Another T-storm this afternoon! Woohoo! Wasn't a big storm, I think maybe 1/8", but we'll take any we can get!

Got the next planter all assembled and the top rail sanded, ready for stain. Got too worn out to do it late this afternoon.... tomorrow is another day.

Also relocated the bird feeder post. Attempted to use a "bulb planter auger" for a pilot hole and then sledgehammer the 2" post.... that worked for about 6" of depth..
Second attempt was to use my manual post hole digger..... nope, soil way too hard.
Third attempt... put the other stuff away and get the tractor / PHD already attached and ready to go..... DONE! (Must have had a senior moment because that was my first thought / plan to use the tractor..... really don't know why I didn't). DUH....

/ Good morning!!!! #151,812  
Good evening all. 68ºF for the start, light breeze, mostly clear sky. Light wind today, Sky remained mostly clear and high temp was 96ºF, HI 102ºF. Today was day 1 of dog sitting,. We have had Scooter before, but stepdaughter now has mini Australian Shepard . She is very much puppy, already bigger than Scooter and will try to use her weight on him. After he get bored they both settle down, no accidents in house today. Bike ride was late start so wife could sneak nap in, I got mine after her second attempt, she could not fall asleep. Got good nap in and freshened the chain lube and retighten shifter friction bolt. 6:30 bike ride in morning.
Don sorry about you not getting any break from heat. What is your normal high this time of year?
Randy(wag) Glad you could enjoy the local wine.
Drew glad you are off to a good start. Hope you get cart on trailer worked out.
Doug hope you enjoy your tipple.
Buppies it is bad when you say July will be terrible.
Randy(wag) too late I already looked up Vinturi :)
Roy good Dr report, sorry about cold.
Drew, only 10?
Mike glad you are keeping up with mowing, sorry about the humidity, it is a killer :(
Thomas heart Dr wanted to put pacemaker in me, but he said it would resist the heart speeding up as well as slowing down too much.
Thomas hope day went well.
Billy glad weather did not hit you. sorry about the lack of rain. Glad food plot now tilled.
Billy nice garden is starting to come in.
Paul nice tools to have in t-storm weather. Good to hear more home time, and maybe GS time :)
Don what in your HI running these days?
RNG I hate wind when riding but don't mind as much when mowing. Hope you have nice trip to Tahoe.
Rich nice to hear power back! Hope clean up is progressing, and no new damage found
PJ nice news on driveway, not so nice on berm dirt. Use it for back sound good to me.
Dennis sorry about deer in corn, hope you get pic of your dad in parade.
Ted hope you get some more rain, .2 is good start. Hope weather guessers were correct, and second planter goes well.
Ken Sorry about summer temps and no rabbit control. Have same problem with squirrels.
Roy looks like a useful light.
David congrats on guys win cards. Hope both chores went well.
Scaredy sorry about the flooding issues, went the '93 flood in STL area. Yes the list is much longer than I can remember :(
RS got some nice weather to work in.
Lou Good one!!
Drew glad you could get cart to fit. long day you earned your feet up.
Doug hope maiden flight went well.
Thomas interesting story.
Doug ha ha.
Drew hope the food is as good as the visit.
Drew good home cooked food is all I ask. In restuarants Tex Mex.
Drew hope you can get windshield secured.
Dennis good pic, not lot of WWII vets left in country.
Paul never thought to us MyRadar while driving.
Drew thanks for link.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter/friend PT from Covid, Bird/aging issues/, Don /mom's pipeline process, Randy/FIL living alone adjustments /MIL Covid /son's heart issues, /pneumonia, Roy /palpitations, /angina , Billy /wife fall, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /3 new skin cancer spots and treatment, /ultrasound of kidneys result /wife head wound healing, Thomas/gout, /operation and recovery, Phil /reflux, /wife's eyes, Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery/retirement, / passing out issues, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Doug and wife/health issues, /nerve and pain, / wife's hospital stay, /torn bicep, Ken /kids shot tragedy, David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, /cataract surgery, /Sophie's hand infection, Chris/neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, Paul/ wife's disc issues, Gale and KY/ tornado victims, Mike /5 year plan, Dennis /retirement plans / brother "alligallyitus" and improving, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend cancer diagnosis and recovery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Ukraine war, mass shooting victims and family, and Country.
stay safe and healthy you all.

/ Good morning!!!! #151,813  
73F and mostly cloudy @ 22:15, heading down to a low of around 55F in the overnight. Will definitely have the windows open during this slumber ... (y)

Got all the lawn down here around the house cut, west, east, and south.

Took break towards the end of that and came in and cleaned up the last of the gyro meat from the other day.

Bluetooth ear muffs worked well, really muffles the noise from the mower, no problems hearing tunes while I'm mowing, even without having the volume cranked up. Have them on right now.

Planted 3 Yellow Crookneck squash plants out in the garden after mowing, also the largest tomato plant. Discovered a 6" tall volunteer tomato plant while I was out there, cleaned up around it and watered it as well as the others. Will probably plant some zucchini plants tomorrow.

Woman brought home Panera for dinner. If I had known how big the sandwich was going to be I'd have only ordered a half instead of a whole. No matter ... will have it for lunch tomorrow.

After dinner I planted the last 2 Kentucky Field pumpkin seeds and the last 3 Mammoth Gold pumpkin seeds. Also another 4 Small Sugar pumpkin seeds. Still have another 10 of those to go.

The Squeak is currently out in the garage on safari, probably hunting stinkbugs.

She escaped earlier today, immediately headed for one of those 6" pots that had some grassy weeds growing in it and started chewing them. Scooped her and the pot up and tossed them inside ... she was still chewing on the weeds when I headed back outside ... :LOL:

No oil change on Cub yet , will do that tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a great Friday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #151,814  
Good (Saturday) arvo. Overnight low was 5.4C and we're going up to 15C for the high. There's a chance of some rain but nothing in the gauge last night. Calm again and overcast.

Nothing really on for today and only Church for tomorrow. It's the 'quiet Winter season'... although I could always go and straighten-up the workshop if I get motivated. I swear that I put everything back where it belongs after I use it, yet things seem to wander over time.o_O

Take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #151,815  
BEF, great pic of your dad! Looks like he spotted you.

He actually didn’t see us ( my sister, niece, brother & his wife)

I didn’t get to see the rest of parade. A sister was in it also. The veterans were first, I had to run (walk fast) back to the American legion (2 blocks away) to go get him. He wanted to go home then, so I took him home.

More work to do at the farm.
IMG_4926.JPG

I suspect dad took out a major pole in this building with tractor bucket. End of beam holding upper floor is hanging there, support pole 2 ft back.
Might have to get something under it before I leave. I got a pig roast back home at 5 pm.

/ Good morning!!!! #151,816  
I use a free app called MyRadar that works very well while driving. I am spoiled by the tools in the plane though.

I did install the “new and improved” rain collector with the bird spikes, and a bottom screen with another spike as well, but the birds are tenacious..
Just installed it. Looks impressive, thanks!

/ Good morning!!!! #151,817  
Very sad about the church shooting. WHY? .......
Because the lunatics want easy targets. Because we used to have mental hospitals for crazy people.
Because marijuana and other drugs (antidepressant, etc) people take cause mental issues (processed marijuana now with 4x THC).
Guns don't shoot by themselves, it takes a severe mentality ill lunatic to kill innocent people.

/ Good morning!!!! #151,819  
pretty sad, another church shooting last night

soft targets, it's always about the soft targets.
being in Canada, this video is not available

I just wanted to say that 3 yrs ago (Spring 2019) we had a church shooting in our little town in the Interior BC. It was a small church, under 100 people, and I knew many of the congregation. The shooter, had mental health struggles, and it was a targeted shooting.

Sadly, my friend was killed in the event, and an acquaintance was also shot in the leg. It hit close to home as my tenant was one of the church members who tackled the shooter and held him down awaiting police. Within hours the church was gathering at my house for comfort and support, and several police officers were also here, to interview dozens of witnesses. I have a photo of our driveway, with about 30 vehicles on it, including 3 police cruisers. It was a day / month that I will never forget.

Very sad occurrences. Prayers.